Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #1

Leveling Jacks - Excess slope

We just drove 12 hours from Vegas... got to our new spot and there is a slight slope. The leveling jacks will not level (the back two wont come down). Newmar is useless on Sundays and do not call back when we have left messages before so I am turning to the awesome forum here.

My question is, what do we do? Other people all have blocks etc. We do not have any. The slope does not look too extreme and I really feel like we should be able to level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
dutchstargtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2017, 03:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchstargtr View Post
We just drove 12 hours from Vegas... got to our new spot and there is a slight slope. The leveling jacks will not level (the back two wont come down). Newmar is useless on Sundays and do not call back when we have left messages before so I am turning to the awesome forum here.

My question is, what do we do? Other people all have blocks etc. We do not have any. The slope does not look too extreme and I really feel like we should be able to level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
In order for the forum gods to help, they will need to know a bit more information. What coach do you have, what leveling system do you have, are you trying auto level or manual level, does the front jack come down, did the air bags deflate when you tried to auto level, and did you try to a manual dump. Help should be on the way.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #3

Hi!! Dutch Star '16 !!
HWH 725 series leveling system
We only tried auto leveling... have never tried manual before. The front jacks I believe came down. Heard the air deflate when the auto leveler started. Thank u!!
Old 03-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #4

Try to manual level. Look on the pad and if there are amber lights, lower the jacks associated front to back, then left to right. Report back as to results
Old 03-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #5

Nothing is working atm. We keep trying to put the front and back driverside jacks down, because that is the way it is sloping, but they do not seem to lift it enough to level it out. Also, the back ones come down in pairs. We r tired, but really want to figure this out.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:08 PM   #6

So, this is what the device reads after auto leveling. When we use leveler apps on our phones, it shows the coach being pretty level. Not sure how to proceed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170305_160636.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	154024
Old 03-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchstargtr View Post
So, this is what the device reads after auto leveling. When we use leveler apps on our phones, it shows the coach being pretty level. Not sure how to proceed.

Attachment 154024
Your back end is low not the front, also left side is low. Are your front wheels off the ground?

It is not unusual for both jacks to move together until they encounter resistance.

Why not start engine let air come up and then try leveling again.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I sent you a PM.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:24 PM   #9

Thanks! I think we got it. Looks like our autoleveler is off. We go to the dealer very soon for our adjustments and will have it looked at there. For now, i think we r good (knock on wood!). Thanks for ur PM!!! So nice of u. We really appreciate it!
Old 03-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Something is not right.
The fact that the two red lights on the front right and rear right corners are not on indicates that those jacks on are still in their stored positions.
The two red lights on the left side (driver side/off-door side) indicate that those jacks have deployed from their stored positions.
The yellow lights indicate your coach is still low on the left side and rear.
The Excess Slope light should be on in this condition.
If you have an iPhone it has a built in bubble level. Try using that to check that your coach really is out of level. I don't trust my HWH system to level our coach correctly.
In our coach, the real test of level is: does the shower drain correctly ? [emoji3]

-Ron
Vettesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #11

Hi, we think it is the display as we measured the coach and it is level. All jacks were down. When we manually tried, the opposite jacks would come down from what the button indicated. We will be showing the dealer during our adjustment next week. Thanks for all ur help guys!!

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks