RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Like to replace amber clearance lights with LED

One of my amber clearance lights is out. This is the second one that I have had to replace. With the first one I learned that "all clearance lights are not the same". I have no idea about brand, or model. With the first one after visiting a couple of auto stores and Walmart, I gave up and just called Newmar. But it is the same technology as the old one. I would like to upgrade all of them but don't know what to order. And I am paranoid about replacements not fitting correctly and having water leaks. Suggestions would be appreciated. I have an '04 Newmar Kountry Star gasser. Model 3740,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced all my clearance lights with led bulbs. Ill get you the site. They are also brighter lights.

Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1367106776.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	36916

You can get these on Amazon.com.
Led lights are polarized. Meaning if you plug them in and they don't light. Turn them around.
These work great.
Rick
Old 04-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a thread for what you need to do found in the STICKIE QT's #3.
by Max Hubrich
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry. You don't have to change your light fixtures. Just the bulbs. You can also google the lens type and number and replace just the lens which are cheap.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Order in lots of 10 and buy enough to get all your lights replaced with LEds in the same sockets that you have now.

1156 1157 BA15S BAU15S BA15D BAY15D 8 SMD 5050 Car LED Brake Turn Light Automobile Wedge Lamp light Drop shipping #YN09024-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com There is uasaully a three to six week delivery timeline.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
One of my amber clearance lights is out. This is the second one that I have had to replace. With the first one I learned that "all clearance lights are not the same". I have no idea about brand, or model. With the first one after visiting a couple of auto stores and Walmart, I gave up and just called Newmar. But it is the same technology as the old one. I would like to upgrade all of them but don't know what to order. And I am paranoid about replacements not fitting correctly and having water leaks. Suggestions would be appreciated. I have an '04 Newmar Kountry Star gasser. Model 3740,
I replace all my clearance lights with sealed LED units from
LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS.
More than likely There's a direct replacement for the size you have. Click on the light for a dimensional drawing and compare to one of your light bases. It comes with 6 LEDs in each light. You will have to cut off the connectors and wire direct. I caulked around the wire hole and screw hole for a leak proof installation.
The light comes with a chrome or stainless bezel. The installation took 30 minutes on each end of RV. My ordering part no. Was PBM-X6 for my 03 DSDP. They have been on since 07 with no problems.
Deerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I just put led bulbs in my old fixtures.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #9

My 2004 KSDP came with LED clearance lights and they are not pluggable. When they go out, you have to replace the whole fixture. They leak and short out from water IMO.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
Superbrightleds.com is the place to shop for sealed replacements of your clearance lights. They have dimensional drawings of each light on the website.
Pull one of your current lights to get the dimensions and compare length, width, and attachment holes. They have SEALED bright LEDs that you may never have to replace after installing. For a leakproof light installation just use silicone caulking around the wire hole and the screw holes.
Browse this thread and you will find where I replied to another inquiry. You will find the part numbers for the lights that I used on my 03 DSDP front and rear.

Deerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote