Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Like to see a Dutch Star

I’m thinking of shopping for a used Dutch Star 37xx coach in the 2015-2019 model year range. I have never seen one. I currently own a 2005 Holiday Rambler 40 foot motorhome. One thing I like about my current unit is the storage space, both in the living quarters and the basement. I’m concerned about how much storage space I’d lose with the Dutch Star.

So I’ll take a long shot. I live in the Tulsa, OK area. If anyone with a DS 37xx within 150 miles of me would be willing to show me there unit and allow me to do some measurements I would appreciate it. Please send a Private Message if anyone is open to my idea.
neoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2020, 04:52 PM   #2

I owned a 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PST for 17 years. I now own a 2018 Dutch Star 4362. I had more storage in my Ambassador. Of course I lost a bay with the tag and the 37 foot Dutch Star don’t have that.
I can’t remember if your model has a tag or not. If not, my gut feeling is that you are going to lose a lot of storage space.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 07:57 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Having just driven both an HR and a DSDP on the same day, I'll just say you sure won't miss the storage once you start driving. I was amazed at the improvement.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflyer View Post
I’m thinking of shopping for a used Dutch Star 37xx coach in the 2015-2019 model year range. I have never seen one. I currently own a 2005 Holiday Rambler 40 foot motorhome. One thing I like about my current unit is the storage space, both in the living quarters and the basement. I’m concerned about how much storage space I’d lose with the Dutch Star.

So I’ll take a long shot. I live in the Tulsa, OK area. If anyone with a DS 37xx within 150 miles of me would be willing to show me there unit and allow me to do some measurements I would appreciate it. Please send a Private Message if anyone is open to my idea.
FWIW Wade's in Glenpool has a Kountry Star 3717 on the lot. Might be worth looking at for floorplan but with the obvious differences of DSDP.
https://www.wadesrv.com/2021-newmar-...3717-zlUi.html
Old 12-25-2020, 10:21 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander1 View Post
FWIW Wade's in Glenpool has a Kountry Star 3717 on the lot. Might be worth looking at for floorplan but with the obvious differences of DSDP.
https://www.wadesrv.com/2021-newmar-...3717-zlUi.html
Thanks. Should be close to identical, at least in the basement. I’ll check it out.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRidge View Post
I owned a 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PST for 17 years. I now own a 2018 Dutch Star 4362. I had more storage in my Ambassador. Of course I lost a bay with the tag and the 37 foot Dutch Star don’t have that.
I can’t remember if your model has a tag or not. If not, my gut feeling is that you are going to lose a lot of storage space.
Once I did some measuring of storage in a 40’ Dutch Star with a tag axle. My HR doesn’t have one. I can’t find the numbers but recall there was a loss of storage, up and down. The more I shop the more impressed I am with the storage in mine. For instance I have Tupperware like containers that can hold large bags of chips and cereal containers that hold a large box of cereal. I can put four of each in the cabinet over the curbside couch with room for a lot of other stuff. More of same on street side. But there are a lot of other features in newer coaches I would like to have. Everything is a compromise.

BTW, does anyone have a feel for the manufacturing quality of Dutch Stars since 2014?
Old 12-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #7

Good size shower for a smaller coach
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflyer View Post
The more I shop the more impressed I am with the storage in mine. For instance I have Tupperware like containers that can hold large bags of chips and cereal containers that hold a large box of cereal. I can put four of each in the cabinet over the curbside couch with room for a lot of other stuff.
I think an easy solution is to think out of the box and just organize your things differently. Our tall Tupperware cereal containers easily fit in the pantry. We never had to use the living room cabinets for food storage. We full-timed very comfortably in our Dutch Star and carried everything we needed for daily travel.

You have to also take into consideration that you're downsizing in length. Does each have 2 bathrooms? That cuts down on kitchen space. Slideouts makes a difference, also. It just depends what you want in an RV.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star