Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #1

Liked What I Saw

Took the KS to the local Cummins dealer to get the engine serviced. Was a little scared not knowing if the did much MH work. Parked in the lot and was walking into the Service Office. Looked over in the Service Bay and there is a 40 foot plus Mountain Air ( I think I got that name right) getting worked on. There was another MH in another bay and a couple in the lot. Talking to the Service Manager, I told him I shut off the House Batteries and the switch is, he interrupted me. Told me they work on MH all the time, they know were all the switches are, things will be fine. Left there feeling good.
Steve70-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2021, 12:43 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Location? Or maybe wait until the service is complete before giving it your endorsement.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve70-5 View Post
Took the KS to the local Cummins dealer to get the engine serviced. Was a little scared not knowing if the did much MH work. Parked in the lot and was walking into the Service Office. Looked over in the Service Bay and there is a 40 foot plus Mountain Air ( I think I got that name right) getting worked on. There was another MH in another bay and a couple in the lot. Talking to the Service Manager, I told him I shut off the House Batteries and the switch is, he interrupted me. Told me they work on MH all the time, they know were all the switches are, things will be fine. Left there feeling good.
Dealers name -----Thanks
Old 10-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #4

At the risk of turning this thread into a Cummins shop report card, I just left the Cummins shop in Elko, NV, after suffering the dreaded DEF failure. Jerry, the manager, and Ryan, the tech, were over-the-top wonderful to us, providing a place to stay, as well as taking extra time to deal with Spartan. We had to stay over a weekend, and Ryan checked with us as he left to see if we needed anything and Jerry provided his personal phone number. Great customer service!
Calpop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:51 PM   #5

Picked up the MH, had oil change in engine and generator, new filter though out. Happy with everything. Cummins of Louisville, Ky. did the work. When I picked it up the had a Ventana getting serviced
Old 10-22-2021, 09:10 PM   #6

Old 10-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #7

Good news. Im going into a Cummins Coach Care facility in two weeks for engine/gen/chassis service plus having two recalls checked. Im glad to hear that Cummins does a good job. Does anyone have experience with the Cummins shop in Tulsa?
gjos is offline   Reply With Quote