Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2023, 07:21 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraDesign View Post
We are meeting with Josam Truck Frame & Alignment next Friday to get started with the Liquid Spring's. I wanted to know if you were happy with the process and would recommend them. All it took was a test drive of the test unit and it convinced my wife and I this was a worthy investment. Thanks for posting.
Barry & the folks at "JOSAM" are excellent!
They did the front/rear installation on my Newmar Canyon Star, a year ago this past December! I have put over 12,000 miles on the coach since installation, & am so very. very happy with it! I now look forward to each & every trip, & enjoy driving it every day we travel!

As to quality & workmanship, JOSAM is outstanding. All wiring is in "looms". neatly installed, attached to frame rails, crossmembers, etc. Nothing is hanging down, nor sloppy!

Just an "FYI", I had them "true" the tires, align the front end, & also install stainless steel valve stems from the inner duals.! Worth the little bit of extra money!! And they can do other "RV" work as well! An OUTSTANDING COMPANY!

Best of Luck & enjoy your "Liquid Spring" suspension! Will drive like a different. new, luxury RV!!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM   #58

Nice job on your blog
Old 02-10-2023, 09:48 AM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks, Ssgritton! Still extremely pleased with the LS! While I was in for the 1,000 mile checkup (all was good!), I saw an exact duplicate of our Newmar Bay Star 3014 in the stall next to me. I wish Newmar made this an option to install at the factory!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5246.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	386149
Old 02-10-2023, 09:51 AM   #60

So the benefits of LS is the following:

1. Better ride down the road
2. Don't get pushed around when trucks go by or wind.
3. Able to lower or raise motor home 3 inches, great for curbs and driveway.
4. Help with roll on turns

I see these as other benefits that should be added that are not mentioned:

1. Stress level goes down.
2. No white knuckle so your hand bones don't get cramped.
3. Wife can drive and feel more comfortble. Plus move around and make food while driving.
4. Less fatigue, longer time driving.

So I have asked my doctor for a percription for LS so I can write it off on my taxes due to the health benafits.

Here is the big one for me, we describe MH as houses in a constant earthquake, so if LS helps take out that constant earthquake then my MH should last longer in it's life, better ROI, also it should help Manufacturers with less warranty work, I think that is why some make it an option.

So in the end I bet this thing pays for itself with all the above, it will make driving more fun.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:14 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Haha, those of us with LS all made a similar calculation! I have to say I couldn’t be happier. However, let me know if the medical write off works and I’ll consider redoing my taxes! :-)
Old 02-11-2023, 06:26 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
So the benefits of LS is the following:

1. Better ride down the road
2. Don't get pushed around when trucks go by or wind.
3. Able to lower or raise motor home 3 inches, great for curbs and driveway.
4. Help with roll on turns

I see these as other benefits that should be added that are not mentioned:

1. Stress level goes down.
2. No white knuckle so your hand bones don't get cramped.
3. Wife can drive and feel more comfortble. Plus move around and make food while driving.
4. Less fatigue, longer time driving.

So I have asked my doctor for a percription for LS so I can write it off on my taxes due to the health benafits.

Here is the big one for me, we describe MH as houses in a constant earthquake, so if LS helps take out that constant earthquake then my MH should last longer in it's life, better ROI, also it should help Manufacturers with less warranty work, I think that is why some make it an option.

So in the end I bet this thing pays for itself with all the above, it will make driving more fun.

All of the above!!

Mine is fun to drive....Put over 13,000 miles on it since installation!

Got to check the "health benefits" portion, but should be applicable.....don'tcha think?

Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:07 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginton View Post
Al

great write up, I am about to pull the trigger on LS for my new BayStar, which is scheduled for delivery in January. LS install will be scheduled for April sometime. There is a highly qualified dealer installer in New Jersey about 90 miles from me that Wayne Wells recommended, it is a lot of money, but I am in the camp that I want the best possible ride for the gas coach....Another way that I look at this investment in LS is when I do go to sell the Baystar. I believe I will get a higher trade in or resale to offset the initial cost of LS, or at least I am telling myself that....
Do not count on recouping any of your LS investment….as with any after market products…..
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 08:55 AM   #64

SierraDesign
If you have a Ford V10 engine in your coach, you should have JOSAM examine the exhaust manifold studs when they have the front suspension removed. I’d ask them beforehand if they replace those. I found out about this issue with V10 engines which are notorious for snapping off the manifold studs. I read about this on the F53 Forum on iRV2 and discovered that two of my 20 studs on a 2017 engine are snapped off.

I am taking the coach to a shop in Lake Havasu City, Arizona at the end of this month, February, to have both manifolds removed and all 20 studs replaced. Hopefully. I have examined access to the studs, and the Liquid Springs towers appear to have seriously occluded access to the manifolds and studs. I’ll know if I’m SOL after they examine the coach. It appears to me that if the LS towers weren’t there, there would be clear and easy access. I called the shop yesterday and asked the owner if he knew about or was familiar with Liquid Springs. Unfortunately he hasn’t. OOPS.

While I enjoy the LS as much as everyone who has it, it appears that I am the one discovering the potential negatives of installing LS. Search out my posts for a thread about a Safety-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer having damaged my exhaust pipe if you’re considering installing a STP in combination with your LS. The solution to mitigating the problem is too simple to ignore. But don’t ask Liquid Springs about it; they do not believe that there is a “fitment issue”. Ignore this potential problem at your own risk.

Hans
hjabernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 09:18 AM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
Do not count on recouping any of your LS investment….as with any after market products…..

No worries, my Bay Star is not an investment….it’s an expense (a big one) that helps us enjoy life. Good reminder, but I have no expectation of recouping what I spent on the LS, Solar, or Lithium batteries.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:48 PM   #66

Official iRV2 Sponsor

We just did a LS install on an F53 rear and boy what an improvement. I would have to say you need to drive an RV with LS to understand the benefits. I would also say that the improved ride comfort will save the RV over the years of traveling as the new ride is amazing.

If you don't drive much then it is understandable that you don't see the value. I see the value and the benefits. The improved handling is 2nd to none.

Just think of why a sports car is more expensive that a basic car. A large portion is due to the sports car suspension.

The LS is an active suspension system which uses steering position to help adjust the shocks valving when turning. This action helps stabilize the RV for a much safer traveling experience.

CUSTOM TRUCK, RV & SEMI SHOCKS by HD SHOCKS Race Proven. Highway Comfort.
SHOCKERRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, installation