RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2020, 12:21 PM   #1

LO AIR2: Passenger Rear not raising properly

Hey everyone. We have a 2004 Dutch Star 4025. I started it up for the first time since we parked it for winter, and the Rear Passenger side air bags will not raise that side of the coach up. Both front airbags raise properly (with the gauge shoing 150psi), but only the driver's side rear air bags seem to properly inflate, with the gauge for the rear not passing 65psi. I got under the coach by that set of tires, and do not hear any obvious air leaks, although i'm not sure I would with it only inflating to 65lbs.

I also pressed the brakes several times to release air from the system to let it re-inflate, and it will not go past 65lbs, however it does get back up to 65lbs relatively quickly. I read that a lot of coaches have 3 ride height control valves (1 for the front, and 1 for each back set of tires). Do you think that my issue could be the valve for rear passenger side is not functioning properly? Is this something an average DIYer could tackle, or will I need to have the coach towed to a Spartan service center?

Thanks in advance.

aasukisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #2

The gauge your reading is tank pressure for 1/2 the brakes, not just the air suspension.

Most systems have a protection valve that only allows air to the suspension and accessories after 65 to 70 psi. That there to save air for the brakes.

To hear the leak, you will need to be under it while its running. Otherwise the leak stops at 65 psi when the protection valve closes.

It could be a air ride line, valve or bag.

It could be a air hose or fitting used for blowing up toys or tires.

It could be any air controlled device, even the horn, that the RV has.

If you have a shop compressor, you could supply air to the tank with it. Keep the compressor far away so you can seek out the leak. The compressor can be screwed into any air tank drain fitting. If it doesn't fill the right tank, switch it to the other tank drain valve. 2 out of the 3 tank drains will be the right one. Good odds.

twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:59 PM   #3

Thanks for taking the time to reply Twinboat. Are these tanks typically underneath the coach, or accessible from the basement?
aasukisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #4

Under the coach.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
air