Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location of KIB Fan Controller?

Anybody know where Newmar hides the KIB Fan Controller for the kitchen Fantastic Fan? Newmar thinks my fan issue is related to the module but does not know where it is located in the coach.

The fan does not respond to any of the wall KIB units and despite resetting all of them the fan only comes on if I manually raise the lid on the fan. The KIB system is not allowing any input to the fan; it is stuck on High when I manually raise the lid so the fan motor is getting power and a command to be in the High fan position.

My fear is that the controller is located above the ceiling somewhere.

Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2021, 05:45 PM   #2

On DS 2020 they are located in the half bath, cupboard with the breaker panel.

Hereís a photo so you know what youíre looking for.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3311.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	327692
ChrisFSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:26 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the input. I don't have a 1/2 bath and the solo bath has only the KIB shades controller buried inside the lower cabinet. I checked in the rear closet with all the other electrical clutter and the only thing KIB in there is the master lighting controller and some lighting sub-panels.

I have looked behind all the drawers in the bedroom and the only thing back there is the KIB shade controller for the bedroom.

I have not found any other KIB boards except in the dash for the entry step lighting. There has to be two of them somewhere....

Tags
cat, fan