RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2017, 12:50 AM   #1

Location of Various Items on 2014 DS

We bought our coach used and although we received many manuals in our "owner's briefcase", we did not receive a Newmar manual that describes (and/or displays) the location of various important items in the coach.
My questions are:
1) Where is the fresh water tank drain valve on the 2014 DS?
2) Where is the vehicle's auxiliary air hose connector connection? (I want to add pressure to the tires) Also, what pressure will that connection supply? (I have, of course, 120 psi tires)

TrailerFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerFool View Post
We bought our coach used and although we received many manuals in our "owner's briefcase", we did not receive a Newmar manual that describes (and/or displays) the location of various important items in the coach.
My questions are:
1) Where is the fresh water tank drain valve on the 2014 DS?
2) Where is the vehicle's auxiliary air hose connector connection? (I want to add pressure to the tires) Also, what pressure will that connection supply? (I have, of course, 120 psi tires)
The drain valves are all in the wet bay. There are three valves easily visible on the panel, but there are also one or two valves directly under those (near floor level) and tucked back behind the panel.

There should be an air hose connection above the generator. It will fill the rears, but probably won't be real useful for reaching the pressure needed to fill the fronts.

Congratulations on your new DS. Sign up for a NEWGLE account and you will have access to most of your factory documentation online including the original Newmar Manual.

Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:39 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Newmar.
Go to the top of forum and you will see a sticky for TSB's go into it and you will gain access to coach TSB's, brochures, owners guides and many other important items, follow the directions.
All the links below in my signature have links to other info for your Newmar.
Enjoy your MH AND HAVE SAFE TRAVELS.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"TrailerFool".....Some important items....

12 Volt Fuses - You have 12 volt fuses in the half bath that run interior items. The big black box in that same 1/2 bath cabinet runs your KB light panels throughout the coach. You also have fuses behind the power cord reel. There is a black plastic panel covering these. They run things like your steps. You have fuses in what's called the front run bay. The bay under the driver's window. These are primarily fuses for engine components and computers. You have one more set of fuses in the last bay on the passenger side (engine
battery bay). These fuses handle things like turn signals and trailer wiring. I took full page colored photos of all these various fusel panels and created a three ring binder where I keep them along with things like instructions for adjusting the powered MCD shades and other critical things I want handy.

Your inverter is attached to the roof 0f the pass through bay, between the frame rails. All of your electronics for the awnings is located against the sidewall, in the bay, just ahead of the pegboard bay on the passenger side.

Your air connection is up front, but will not fill your tires easily. Many just buy a separate air compressor. You have air release lanyards, to drain your air tanks, above both front wheels. Very hard to see, you need to initially crawl under the front of the coach to see their location.

Your engine bay in the at the top center of the opening has a plug for your engine heater. Your engine will heat hot water for your coach while driving via the Oasis system, but will not heat hot water for the engine when parked.

Your HWH jack pump is directly behind the right front headlight. The cap vents and leaks fluid down the tank. I made a foam gasket that is larger than the cap. I slipped it over the cap and reduced leakage.

If you haven't found it yet, your subwoofer for the Home Entertainment is under the kitchen sink. Your door bell box is behind the control panel above the passenger's seat. It's a standard home door bell and is adjustable. You must unscrew the panel to reach it.

Your home entertainment (surround sound) only works with your main TV, via an optical connection.

You have the power control button for your power antenna directly above and just behind the passenger's seat on the wall. My wife, when pulling or returning the seat belt has hit the power button and raised the antenna. A dash light comes on that is NOT described/identified in the Freightliner manual. I velcroed a cover over the power button.

Okay....these were all of the hidden things I could think of for now.

Oh yeah. Pushing the middle and bottom multiplex light buttons near the passenger seat, at the same time, will turn off all lights in the coach, even bedroom.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #5

Radiator Expansion Tank Level Check?

Thank you all for the great, comprehensive replies!!! I do have an additional question regarding how to check the radiator coolant level in the main engine cooling system. I see the expansion tank and some sort of indicator on the side of it. What does that indicator do? Also, I attempted to take the cap off of the expansion tank but had difficulty doing so & so quit (it didn't come off in a simple fashion) - I turned the cap to the left and attempted to pull up to remove it - am I doing something incorrectly?
Old 10-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not indicating what chassis you have if you do not get a answer here try the chassis forums we visit there also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #7

Engine Details

Oops! I should have mentioned 2014 Newmar DS rear engine/side radiator 450 ISL Diesel Pusher.

Tags
cat, ems