Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2022, 09:46 AM   #29

Price on everything Rises and Falls so we all understand situation ball....What bothers me is these Large conglamerents do it because They Can, not for any real particular reason. Keep in mind What goes around Comes around.
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2022, 10:16 AM   #30
3LT

The Dutch Star pricing seems about right to me. When you're on the other side of the deal (the seller of your used product) you become amazed at what it's worth now.

Example: Sold to Private Party 2018 XT5 out of lease buyout was 26g sold it the same day for 34g, yes I had to pay sales tax here in CA but still netted about 5g, usually, that wouldn't have happened.

Advertised on RVtrader Monday morning to sell 2017 Forest River Forester MBS diesel with 21g miles had for almost 7 years, 5 minutes after ad hits a dealer in Gilroy CA calls me and says they are interested in buying, only to think I would be ripped off the dealer offered me 3g more than I paid for it and says if you can get up here by noon tomorrow we will buy nearly sight unseen, and transmit the money into your back within an hour, they did just that. (by the way, the dealer just turned on the ignition and looked at the odometer, that was it!) We saw it listed the next day without a pic for 15g more than he gave me, two days later the ad was gone)

2019 bought an Aluminum flatbed trailer 14ft, paid 2600.00, again site unseen dealer offers me 4200.00 without me buying anything from them.

Everything has gone up it's a joke but if you're on the buying side it surely seems like such a ripoff for sure.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:01 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
Wife wanted to build out another Dutch star
Happy wife, happy life. Good luck.
Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Roadmaster Falcon II tow bar & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by suisunsam View Post
Buy used - quickly before Winnebago buys all the rv manufacturers- brandon
Huh???? They'd have to buy out Thor to buy up the majority of RV manufacturers! Even if you don't like Winnebago, that would have to be an improvement over Thor!!! :-)
Old 05-31-2022, 09:26 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Wife wanted to build out another Dutch star. So I priced out a 2023 DS 4326 and came up with just a tick over $550,000 BEFORE special through NIRVC in atlanta (25% off msrp). Get bent.
So you would feel more like you got your moneys worth if you payed additional mark up like some dealers are doing with no discount?
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:32 PM   #34

Easy, don't buy new. Get yourself a pre-DEF Country Coach, Foretravel or Prevost for a fraction of the price of a new Newmar.
CamDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:32 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
So you would feel more like you got your moneys worth if you payed additional mark up like some dealers are doing with no discount?

Bill

Not sure I follow your comment. I was just stating the fact the the best discount to be had is with NIRVC and even at that, the price is outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDaddy View Post
Easy, don't buy new. Get yourself a pre-DEF Country Coach, Foretravel or Prevost for a fraction of the price of a new Newmar.

I like buying new. It’s worked out well for us for a few years. And I already own an ‘07 pre-def marathon XL2 but my wife likes the 4326 layout of the Dutch star and she likes the modern interior. We miss the bath and a half since we travel w 3 kids. Maybe I’ll gut the prevost and spend the money to redo it all…

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9870.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	712.3 KB
ID:	367322
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:22 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
No. It would prob be in addition to…

I think we’ll keep the XL2 for a long time. It’s such a sweet coach. Definitely different. The d60 and Allison transmission are so buttery smooth. And not having DEF to deal with is even better. It’s just such a different coach vs anything Newmar or tiffin. Plus I can spend $50-80k every 10 years or so and completely update the interior and modernize it.

It’s being managed well and leased a few times a year so it pays for itself plus for our trips we take.
Didn't you also have a 2021 Mountain Aire at some point? I remember following that build.

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
Didn't you also have a 2021 Mountain Aire at some point? I remember following that build.

FLSteve

Yes we ordered a 21 MA March of last year and took delivery end of august after many delays. We decided on a prevost in that time and so we sold it about 2 months after we got it…. For way more than what we paid for it…
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:38 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We had a 2017 Class A DP. And traded it in on a Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler last year. We got almost $40K more than we paid for it for our trade in. Things recently price wise, have just gotten completely crazy.
Flightar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:45 PM   #39

I think “get bent” means probably not.
Jrcwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:35 PM   #40

I think I will keep our 1996 Dutch Star with tag axle . Drives like a dream. Has 14,000 miles on a Ford F-53 with a 460.
grandpa316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 04:57 PM   #41

Pre-Covid I was in the market for 2020 models
This is what I had offered. March 8,2020
The week before Covid

In March 2020 a 4369 was listing for about $505,000 and selling for about $350,000-360,000

In March 2020 my Winnebago Horizon Listed for $490,000, selling for about $299,000. Not the same comparison but I always thought the Horizon was overpriced for what you got, other than the imported modern Italian cabinets, its nothing but a glorified Forza. Although I do love the modern look and the big windows that no production Class A diesel motorhome has.
It was the windows and the interior room that I liked.
The Maxum Chassis paired with the 450ISL is the best Winnebago ever had. It rides like a dream and will never be produced again. So I do like my glorified Forza.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 05:47 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTONBERNIE View Post
Price on everything Rises and Falls so we all understand situation ball....What bothers me is these Large conglamerents do it because They Can, not for any real particular reason. Keep in mind What goes around Comes around.
I have read these post and somehow I see it a bit different than most. To begin with when people see the affect of higher cost to buy along with higher interest rates, higher insurance cost due to increased value, maintenance cost (if you can get it), fuel cost exceeding $1per mile, higher camping rates. It soon becomes real money even for those of us who own rigs. Not sure what allocations for 2023 the various dealers agreed to but I would expect you will see higher discounts in an effort to offload before the economy enters a recession, remember they must pay for all Newmar units at delivery and their interest cost is also going up. Dealers must see this coming. I am very concerned where all this is headed.

Tags
dutch star