Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Question London Aire

I am considering the purchase of a new 2018 or 2019 Londonaire. Any advise good or bad?
Thanks in advance!!!
LarryLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #2

We bought a 2015 LADP. Our 8th unit. Absolutely love it. Best unit we have ever owned. Great floor plan. Drives like a dream
fegans02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:33 PM   #3

went from a 16 DSDP to a 19 londonaire. completely pleased with all aspects of the new unit. couple of bugs we have worked out but continue to be impressed with the unit as a whole
walterhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:39 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Just wondering Larry, what is wrong with your new(16) Cornerstone?
Just time for a new Coach?
Old 10-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #5

We’re moving on from Entegra to a 2018 KA. We did look at the LA and Essex. Quality is unreal. You will not be disappointed.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #6

We have a 18 LA and would recommend the Spartan chassis. There is a slight up charge in 19 for Spartan chassis but did increase warranty to 5 years. After owning a Essex and a early LA the best value out there is the LA. Get the K-3 605 engine and Newmar has added many items that were options on 18 LA which are now standard like heated floors. Bought ours from NIRVC in Dallas from Angie which is win across the board. Newmar LA, NIRVC and Angie.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
We have a 18 LA and would recommend the Spartan chassis. There is a slight up charge in 19 for Spartan chassis but did increase warranty to 5 years. After owning a Essex and a early LA the best value out there is the LA. Get the K-3 605 engine and Newmar has added many items that were options on 18 LA which are now standard like heated floors. Bought ours from NIRVC in Dallas from Angie which is win across the board. Newmar LA, NIRVC and Angie.
Newmar Man
Angie’s hour long walk-throughs on YouTube are second to none.
Not surprising to know that she is good to work with.
Russ Potteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a '15 LA and are VERY pleased with it and X2 on the drives like a dream comment!!

We came from a Fleetwood Discovery and there's FAR too many differences to get into. Frankly, it's not even remotely in the same conversation, let alone category.

We are all around very happy with our LA and Newmar has been outstanding to date (so far) with support of their product!

I wish they were still building our 3 bunk/bath and 1/2/king bed floor plan, as we'd buy another one without hesitation when its time for our next coach!

Best of luck on whatever you decide to do!
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Every three years

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Just wondering Larry, what is wrong with your new(16) Cornerstone?
Just time for a new Coach?
We have the good fortune to be able to purchase a new coach every three years or so and I have been looking at the Londonaire for some time now. I think it is an upgrade from the Cornerstone especially the interiors. However, I am skeptical of Newmar's one year warranty compared to EC's two year warranty. We do about 4 trips a year and we have found many warranty items in the second year in both our Cornerstone and Anthem prior. How is Newmar in year two when it comes to obvious manufacturer defects or is it up to the dealer to be able to help you out?
Thanks,
Larry
LarryLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:21 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLS View Post
We have the good fortune to be able to purchase a new coach every three years or so and I have been looking at the Londonaire for some time now. I think it is an upgrade from the Cornerstone especially the interiors. However, I am skeptical of Newmar's one year warranty compared to EC's two year warranty. We do about 4 trips a year and we have found many warranty items in the second year in both our Cornerstone and Anthem prior. How is Newmar in year two when it comes to obvious manufacturer defects or is it up to the dealer to be able to help you out?
Thanks,
Larry
Thank you for the reply Larry, you are for sure very fortunate to upgrade so often I will let other's answer your Question's on Newmar Sevice during and after Warranty........
In the position you guy's are in, I would think it would be nice to experience a London Aire...........I don't believe you will be disappointed, as both company's build one hell of a machine!
Old 10-06-2018, 08:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLS View Post
Thanks,
Larry

First off, I believe the LADP is one of the best values, especially if you over option with KADP options. You get the big engine and most things you need, then you can upgrade to some cool options. I added extra bits from Silver Leaf to bring my 2017 close to a KADP in terms of the electronics. Somethings are not upgradable like wireless door locks, etc. But for me saving 200K, it was worth it.

Second, I have had Newmar cover things beyond the one year warranty. And things like the HWH stairs have a longer warranty than one year. Of which I have had a few issues with.

Hope that helps.

George
Old 10-07-2018, 07:11 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It is good to hear all the positive views of the London Aire. I too believe it is a better value and upgrade than a Cornerstone. We loved our Anthem and never had any major problems. We have LA on order, hopefully be hear first part of Nov.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL57 View Post
It is good to hear all the positive views of the London Aire. I too believe it is a better value and upgrade than a Cornerstone. We loved our Anthem and never had any major problems. We have LA on order, hopefully be hear first part of Nov.
I would highly recommend factory pickup. Compresses the time to shake out the bugs and get any issues fixed by the factory.

G
Old 10-07-2018, 09:05 AM   #14

Just went to the Pomona show and see the pricing of the New stuff and Just Wonder How the normal guy can afford to purchase a $600,000 rig, and or afford the payments. I think the Newmar product is a better product as long as you get the Spartan Chassis. The Freightliner product, I am not a fan. Congratulations on your New Purchase. Don't be Motorhome Poor.

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air