Originally Posted by Mommat11
My hubby and I are looking at a 2016 Canyon Star 3953..... any comments or suggestions?
DW and I are 'camping' overnight at Wilkins RV in Bath, NY while accepting a *new* 2015 Canyon Star 3953. MSRP with options and delivery is $193,658. The coach was used as a dealer show demo, has over 3,500 miles on the odometer, and we paid $138,485.
Photos and main specs are at RV Search
Exterior color is Mesquite.
Interior décor is Thunder Bay with Verona Maple cabinetry.
The dark 'leather' with contrasting piping is a stunning look.
Options and Features
1. Ours has the combination desk - buffet - pull-out table in the layout which we like. There are two free-standing chairs, plus two folding chairs stored beneath the bed.
2. The recliner at the entry door seems kind of silly. Might replace it with desk and file cabinet that the co-pilot could use if seat is turned rearward.
3. The 40-inch lounge TV needs a bracket slide that allows it to pull out and to be viewed from the lounge area while the coach is in motion - otherwise TV is covered by slideout room wall. There is a 40-inch TV above the cockpit that is disabled while the coach is moving. We also have a 32-inch TV in the bedroom, and another 32-inch TV in an exterior flip-up door. All TVs are Sony, and there is a DVD/CD player connected as well.
4. We had an electric cord reel installed in the rear roadside bay to keep the power cord tidy.
5. Have yet to test the Winegard Mission in-motion satellite TV dome. Ordered a DISH 'Wally' receiver that will be hooked up by the dealer's tech today.
6. There is a dishwasher drawer in this coach.
7. Stacked Whirlpool washer/dryer is installed.
8. Our Driver Door with touch button power window seems like a convenient option, especially for easy access while refueling.
9. We are glad to have the upgraded Onan 7kW generator.
10. Whirlpool residential refrigerator has own set of batteries and inverter so does not need or use propane when not connected to shore power.
11. Winter features of heat pads on water tanks, extra ceiling insulation will be handy for those cold nights - and a trace of snow in Bath NY tonight.
12. The dealer is installing a Blue Ox tow system so we can tow a new 2016 Toyota Yaris Hatchback (manual transmission essential) 4-wheels-down. The car weighs 2,315 lbs (1,053 kg) and is a black sand pearl color.
13. Hide-a-bed gives good sleeping option. We'll carry a self-inflating aerobed as a backup. Main bed is a king-size pillowtop and the bedroom slide containing the headboard has windows on each side of the slide room. The bed linens are not to our taste are were given to the dealer tech to dispose of with a local charity
14. A window was optioned for the kitchen and adds light and a view.
15. The floor is a dark tile laminate throughout, except on the large lounge slide and the cockpit where there is short shag carpeting.
16. Dirt Devil central vac is optioned. An accessory kit with attachments and a power head is included. Access door is at floor level across from pantry.
I have not covered all options or features, so please ask and will try to answer any specific questions while we are still at the dealer site doing our walk-through today.