Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2016, 08:56 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Looking for Newmar & Spartan service location recommendations NC to FL

We're going to be visiting relatives in Raleigh NC in late September and heading south towards the FL panhandle from there. Then on towards Texas and looking for qualified, knowledgable, and reasonable service centers along that route. And yes, I've looked at Newmars service center map, but more looking for positive stories about great service and fair prices. Nothing urgent needed, just want to do some chassis PM and a few minor things on the coach. Any recommendations (and why you like them) along that general route would be appreciated. We wouldn't mind going a little out of the way for stellar service. Thanks
Mainuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Here's a post I made in 2014 regarding repair for potential roof damage. Howard RV is still listed as a Newmar service center as "Wilmington RV Supply Inc". Not sure any of these people will handle chassis-related work, though.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Two locations I have had service done:

Cummins in Ocala, 352-861-1122

Independence RV in West Orlando. They have a great service dept., 407-877-7878
Old 09-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Here's a post I made in 2014 regarding repair for potential roof damage. Howard RV is still listed as a Newmar service center as "Wilmington RV Supply Inc". Not sure any of these people will handle chassis-related work, though.
Thanks Stewart. Had an issue with my intelligent steering wheel but was able to find that myself. But need to bring some (3) wires in from the roof for cell and wifi and want someone familiar with the roof construction and fishing wires in as I've tried using 3 existing holes and have not been able to get a fish tape to where I could see it and pull something through (I think there are baffles or something in the roof).

Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post
Two locations I have had service done:

Cummins in Ocala, 352-861-1122

Independence RV in West Orlando. They have a great service dept., 407-877-7878
Thanks Dan! A little further south than we'll be on this trip south and west but will keep them in mind when we hit FL in Feb-April for any spring work. Are there long scheduling wait times at either place? Have heard others speak well of Independance RV.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Cummins Coach Care, follow this link it will provide a state by state location of their service centers. They are obviously Cummins certified as well as Spartan certified.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #6

I've had good results with Spartan Service Centers. Just google it for Spartan locations. Not for Newmar repairs but engine & chassis.
enjoyrv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:14 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good service centers

Thanks for the replies guys. I do know how to find service centers online, but what I'm really looking for is recommendations of places where people have had positive experiences along the route I mentioned in the 1st post.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:40 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
Thanks Stewart. Had an issue with my intelligent steering wheel but was able to find that myself. But need to bring some (3) wires in from the roof for cell and wifi and want someone familiar with the roof construction and fishing wires in as I've tried using 3 existing holes and have not been able to get a fish tape to where I could see it and pull something through (I think there are baffles or something in the roof).

Thanks Dan! A little further south than we'll be on this trip south and west but will keep them in mind when we hit FL in Feb-April for any spring work. Are there long scheduling wait times at either place? Have heard others speak well of Independance RV.
Lead times depend upon the time of year. Winter months will be longer at Independence, maybe a couple of weeks. Cumming is usually about a week.

Tags
cat, newmar, service, spartan