Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #1

Looking To Possibly Purchase A New Mountain Aire

Hi Everyone!

We sold our 2009 36QSP Allegro Bus in June and I have been looking at ordering a new Mountain Aire 4330. I am looking to learn anything I can about the Mountain Aire and Newmar as a company?

I was not happy with the Allegro Bus but I loved Tiffin's service. When trying to phone Newmar's main customer service line and their service line I have not been able to get through. I hope that isn't always the case?

Adam
hellojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Adam to the Newmar forum & irv2.
Here is a link everything Newmar, for brochures and how they are built and certain features on the coach's plus dealers.
Good luck in you quest and enjoy the hunt.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi hellojohnny,
Welcome to the Newmar forum and iRV2. 800-731-8300 is the main company number. When the volume of calls is high only a busy signal is received by a caller. However, there is another number that can be used. Try 800-860-0086. This is the direct number to Newmar Marketing and Sales.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #4

I have never had difficulty getting through to Newmar, but must admit I haven't called them too frequently after my coach turned 2. Before that, however, I depended on Jeff (Newmar help) to steer me towards the closest service bay for assistance. I love my Essex, but had issues with it from our first trip. We even had to be towed twice before it was a year old. But, Newmar was always there to help, and Spartan was great too. Having been across the U.S. twice with this one, I would take it anywhere, anytime, and know that Newmar would help if I had any more difficulties. Pick the one you want, and don't worry!
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #5

Thanks' for any and all info. I know that some people can get one sided with their opinion's to the brand that they own so I hope that I can learn about possible thing's going on that are not always pro Newmar. I know that all of the manufactures have had their issues over the years.

My Allegro Bus floor was sagging under the tanks which is now a widely known problem that Tiffin has corrected on the 2012's. There are many other issues that they are having that I didn't learn until after I bought one. Before I bought one I only got the one sided stories.

Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find what you are interested in here, the good, the bad...............And, well there really isn't much ugly when it comes to Newmar. But here you will see issues addressed and discussed. I guess one thing too you will notice, is how many Newmar owners there are that have repurchsed a Newmar, that speaks well. I'm on my third, and if I reload, it will also be a Newmar. Their service, in my opion is tops, in every way.
Anyway, ask the folks what you want, you pretty well will always get a true picture.
Again welcome.

Peter
Old 09-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Within the link I gave you there is a link to recalls for all MFG's and Newmar for past years.
Have Newmars had issues yes they have but they have tried to correct issues as they have occurred.
Is everyone happy, no some are not, but many of us are and the reorders by Newmar owners will attest to that.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
While making our selection, the DW called the manufacturer of each coach we were considering, many times, to ask specific questions we needed to know to inform our decision. Newmar was the one company that answered our questions pleasantly and immediately. Other manufacturers took the question and told her someone would call back—with very mixed results. The Newmar receptionist had someone very knowledgeable take her call immediately and answer the question. We were impressed how she was treated when she called, and that was important to us.

Mike
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefultz View Post
While making our selection, the DW called the manufacturer of each coach we were considering, many times, to ask specific questions we needed to know to inform our decision. Newmar was the one company that answered our questions pleasantly and immediately. Other manufacturers took the question and told her someone would call back—with very mixed results. The Newmar receptionist had someone very knowledgeable take her call immediately and answer the question. We were impressed how she was treated when she called, and that was important to us.

Mike
Mike,

I agree. I found both Newmar and Tiffin to be good in this respect. One manufacturer didn't even bother calling me back. One didn't return an e-mail and I don't think the girl answering the phone at Monaco even knew what a Class A motorhome was and it seemed like they just wanted me to speak with one of their dealer's instead? If this is how little important I am now just wait until after they have my money? It just blows me away that more manufacturer's don't try harder to earn your business.

Adam
Old 10-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I too just sold a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus, and purchased the 2012 Newmar Mountain Aire 4330... While Tiffin was a great coach, and the service was quite good, This Mountain Aire is exceptional. I have not had any issues yet, but the limited interaction I have had with the factory have been very promptly, efficiently, and cordially handled. I was very impressed. We are thrilled with the Mountain Aire, and with Newmar. I traded up to get the tag axle and the comfort steering, both of which make all the difference in the world relating to handling.
Caluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caluch View Post
I too just sold a 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus, and purchased the 2012 Newmar Mountain Aire 4330... While Tiffin was a great coach, and the service was quite good, This Mountain Aire is exceptional. I have not had any issues yet, but the limited interaction I have had with the factory have been very promptly, efficiently, and cordially handled. I was very impressed. We are thrilled with the Mountain Aire, and with Newmar. I traded up to get the tag axle and the comfort steering, both of which make all the difference in the world relating to handling.
Caluch:

I even want the same floorplan and color (Woodcrest) you chose! Today I went over a 4336 floor plan. I noticed many design and quality improvement's over Tiffin's Bus. The Mountain Aire is approx. $80,000 more (MSRP) than a comparable Bus. I expected to see something for the extra price tag and did.

What was the deciding factor in you choosing your Montain Aire over a new tag axle Bus?

Adam
Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
We liked the floorplan much more than the Tiffin, and there are several upgraded aspects in the Mountain Aire (eg. Oasis vs Hydro-hot). Also, the Tiffin seemed to be more "cookie Cutter" in appearance, than the Mountain Aire.But the primary overriding factor was the size...... I have a custom built garage, and the Tiffin was a few inches longer than I could fit my garage space. But these two coaches are really quite competitive , and as is often the case, the final decision usually comes down to "chemistry" and personal taste. Good Luck... either coach will serve you well.
Caluch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase