Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #1

About two years ago had the air ride suspension valves replaced because they were all leaking. Everything has been fine until Sunday when we went across a bridge and it sounded like i was running over the groves on the edge of the pavement only I wasen't. Backed off the throttle and it sounded like I was running straight exhaust with severe vibration. Limped to the next exit,found a big empty parking lot and got out to see what the world was wrong. Felt sure I would find the drive shaft was the problem. The rear air bags had lost all the air. Crawling up under I discovered the linkage from the air valve had come out and allowed all the air out. Got lucky- the linkage was laying across the axle in good shape, just re-installed,went to Home Depot and bought a bolt to lock it in place--the old one had come out allowing the rod to fall out. Don't know if all air ride valves work this way but might not be a bad idea to check on occasion. I took the lock bolt back out when I got home and used some locktite on it. Hope this dosen't happen again.

98 Mtn Aire DP
rwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #2

About two years ago had the air ride suspension valves replaced because they were all leaking. Everything has been fine until Sunday when we went across a bridge and it sounded like i was running over the groves on the edge of the pavement only I wasen't. Backed off the throttle and it sounded like I was running straight exhaust with severe vibration. Limped to the next exit,found a big empty parking lot and got out to see what the world was wrong. Felt sure I would find the drive shaft was the problem. The rear air bags had lost all the air. Crawling up under I discovered the linkage from the air valve had come out and allowed all the air out. Got lucky- the linkage was laying across the axle in good shape, just re-installed,went to Home Depot and bought a bolt to lock it in place--the old one had come out allowing the rod to fall out. Don't know if all air ride valves work this way but might not be a bad idea to check on occasion. I took the lock bolt back out when I got home and used some locktite on it. Hope this dosen't happen again.

98 Mtn Aire DP
rwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
GOOD JOB rwhitt thanks for the info.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote