RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2017, 06:00 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Lost Shoreline Power

We normally store our 2016 VTDP 3709 all electric coach in a steel building - plugged into 30 amp power. I stopped in today to do some errands unrelated to the RV but checked things out. I noticed that the building's 30 amp circuit had tripped and there was no power going to the coach shoreline. When I went inside it was obvious that I had no power; the coach batteries were dead and the gauges above the passenger seat were inoperative. The gauge that normally displays levels (including battery levels) is dark. I reset the building circuit and I'm hoping that things will recharge and resume normal operations. I'm not near the manuals to do technical research.
  1. Will things reboot and return to normal?
  2. Will I have to re-set a lot of settings?
  3. How much trouble am I in?

Bushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #2

Think about it, it's no different than when you have to change out batteries. Everything goes dead until the "hot" batteries are installed. The normal things will have to be reset like the clock on the microwave and any other timed electrical items. Once the batteries are charged everything should be working as it previously was.

LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:28 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
All the batteries will charge eventually but may faster if you put a stand along 12v battery charger across batteries.
If you will not be using for a while they will charge so you can get engine started and your alternator will take over while your driving.
Always have your BCO on while using coach or plugged in at home and the B.I.M.or BIRD Systems will keep your batteries fully charged.
BCO will not operate until you get plugged in to at least 119.
All the links below in my signature have answers for your Newmar.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power