Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2021, 04:19 AM   #1

Low water pressure 2019 Baystar

Hooked up to campground water and have very low pressure in sinks and toilet. Pressure at spigot is 50 plus. Also taking a very long time to fill water tank. When I use pump all is normal. Changed filters and removed pressure valve and still have same problem. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks in advance.
Loony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2021, 09:06 AM   #2

City water inlet Screen Washer clogged
City water inlet assembly check valve failure
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:04 AM   #3

Regulator failure?

I recently had same issues and spent a week plus replacing hoses with high flow versions, checking filters and faucet screens, turned out to be my camco regulator was bad. Replaced with a higher quality one and park water pressure suddenly was fantastic. Ymmv.

Scott
scotttkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:14 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Loony --

A year ago I had low water pressure issues while staying at various RV resorts/parks. I found my problem to be the cheap Camco pressure regulator that Scott describes. My practice was to connect the pressure regulator to the RV park faucet then connect the water hose.

I found at Camping World this Valterra High Flow Pressure Regulator that connects to my water inlet in the wet bay of my coach (replaced the cheap Camco 90 degree ell I had been using). Using this new, but not inexpensive, regulator solved my water flow problem. Now I connect my hose directly to the RV park faucet then to the pressure regulator. Here is a link to the Valterra regulator --> https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Water-Pr.../A01-2222.html

Suggest giving the Valterra regulator a try before tearing into your coach water lines.
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttkd View Post
I recently had same issues and spent a week plus replacing hoses with high flow versions, checking filters and faucet screens, turned out to be my camco regulator was bad. Replaced with a higher quality one and park water pressure suddenly was fantastic. Ymmv.

Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by fagnaml View Post
Loony --

A year ago I had low water pressure issues while staying at various RV resorts/parks. I found my problem to be the cheap Camco pressure regulator that Scott describes. My practice was to connect the pressure regulator to the RV park faucet then connect the water hose.

I found at Camping World this Valterra High Flow Pressure Regulator that connects to my water inlet in the wet bay of my coach (replaced the cheap Camco 90 degree ell I had been using). Using this new, but not inexpensive, regulator solved my water flow problem. Now I connect my hose directly to the RV park faucet then to the pressure regulator. Here is a link to the Valterra regulator --> https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Water-Pr.../A01-2222.html

Suggest giving the Valterra regulator a try before tearing into your coach water lines.
I think OP tried W/O the regulator.....
Changed filters and removed pressure valve and still have same problem.

So.....if flow/pressure thru hose NOT connected to City Water port is good then back to screened washer clogged or check valve failure
Old 09-22-2021, 02:43 PM   #6

Thanks to all. I cleaned screen, changed hose, took of regulator, took of blue filter, changed house filter and still no pressure. Pressure coming from campground spigot is 50 plus. Your thought about the check valve seems to be the only thing left! I just donít know how to change it. Will need to call mobile tech. Currently in Cicero,IN.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #7

A long shot, but just to cover this baseÖ Does the level of your fresh water rise in the fresh tank when youíre connected to city water and not using any water in the house? That would be caused by bad check valve in water pump allowing some of the water that should be going to the house to go into fresh tank instead, reducing the house pressure as a result. This can take a while to notice when it first starts happening because of the tank size and the fact that youíre still holding some pressure in the house.

Iím still curious to know why the low pressure isnít affecting all faucets, but that could just be because of differences in aerators, etc.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:15 PM   #8

Thanks for the thought. No water going to holding tank. Pressure is low in both sinks and the toilet. Assume now it must be check valve where you connect the hose. Just donít know how to change.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:11 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check eater pressure at the spigot with a faucet on. Often you will see a significant drop.

Is there good pressure using your pump and your fresh water tank?

My pump will maintain 60 ps, even with a faucet open and provides much better pressure than city water.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:00 AM   #10

City Water Assembly....where you connect the hose....inside that assembly is the check valve

Replace the City Water Assembly
Old 09-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #11

I ended up taking out the house filter and that worked. I had just replaced it about 3 weeks ago!!!! Maybe it was a bad filter. I will get another one and see what happens. Thanks to all. Really appreciate all the input especially when on the road.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony79 View Post
I ended up taking out the house filter and that worked. I had just replaced it about 3 weeks ago!!!! Maybe it was a bad filter. I will get another one and see what happens. Thanks to all. Really appreciate all the input especially when on the road.
Thanks to all. I cleaned screen, changed hose, took of regulator, took of blue filter, changed house filter and still no pressure.

NEW filter clogging??

Nice find.

All symptoms pointed to check valve
Old 09-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony79 View Post
I can see where this would happen, but I didnít think of it. Some filters have really low flow rates, and even when thatís not the issue you can get a bad one. Iíve had that happen. Iíve also had them disintegrate and get charcoal into the plumbing requiring me to take every aerator out and flush charcoal out of everything including the hot water heater. And thatís without running too much pressure through the filter.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure