Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2018, 05:42 PM   #1

M4 led lights...what color?? Someone who has used these.

I have a 15 DSDP. I have 8 bad ceiling led lights. I want to replace with m4 led retrofit. Newman sent me 6 new the first year. These were the bad batch they had in2015. They would not replace all at that time. M4 has warm white or natural white, which one is the closest match to existing lights? Or what did you do? Thanks. This is intended for someone used the M4 lights.
pj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2018, 05:46 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I put M4 lights in my CC. Tried the cool white, natural white and warm white. Ended up using the warm white as the others gave too much glare. My next shipment of 10 came in today in fact. Have to wait till I go out next week as some are hidden by the slide. I have over 60 of the lights to replace.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Those terms, "warm white" "natural white", etc. are very subjective and open to different colors to different folks. I go by temperature in kelvins to select LED color.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj54 View Post
I have a 15 DSDP. I have 8 bad ceiling led lights. I want to replace with m4 led retrofit. Newman sent me 6 new the first year. These were the bad batch they had in2015. They would not replace all at that time. M4 has warm white or natural white, which one is the closest match to existing lights? Or what did you do? Thanks. This is intended for someone used the M4 lights.
I replaced all of mine in our old Dutchstar with natural white and they we similar to the original fluorescent tubes. You might want to call them before you order and discuss your concern. They are Very Helpful and good to deal with.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
The M4 replacement innards for the 2015 DS ceiling lights are great. I got one of each color to see which I wanted and decided to use the warm white. The original ones are in between the two M4 options in color and not as bright as the M4s. I have now replaced all the ones in our living/kitchen/dining area with the warm white M4s and am very happy with them.
lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
So I put "cool white" M4 lights everywhere. I love the strong clear light from the cool whites. (5500K for our numerically-inclined friends). IMO, "cool white" is a light for people who like lights

But my wife hates them. It feels too much like a hospital. So we may do a pass of new lights for the primary interior lighting. We'll try the natural (4500) first, and then warm (3200) if that doesn't fly.
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacay Wheels View Post
So I put "cool white" M4 lights everywhere. I love the strong clear light from the cool whites. (5500K for our numerically-inclined friends). IMO, "cool white" is a light for people who like lights

But my wife hates them. It feels too much like a hospital. So we may do a pass of new lights for the primary interior lighting. We'll try the natural (4500) first, and then warm (3200) if that doesn't fly.
I agree with your wife. I spent over 30 years in classrooms with fluorescent lights and lights like them make me want to pick up a piece of chalk and take attendance.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #8

Hey pj54,

We also have a 2015 Dutch Star. Played with those lights from ITC for a year. Decided to go with M4s. This is the M4 part number right off of the parts bag that I use:

RETROFIT-12-5630-WW
Warm White 3200K
Fits ITC 69231 Fixture
12v DC (10-30v DC/AC
(1703) CE Assemb. PRC

A tag with reference to the installation is found at the following address:

http://m4sales.com/ITC3.pdf

I actually took one of my working lights to the store and they powered it up
and matched the part number to it and powered that up next to the original and to me, it matched. Most importantly, the Wife couldn’t tell the difference! Great store, great products!

Hope this helps.

Bruce
DS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:15 AM   #9

Thanks for the help, will order the warm today.
pj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:09 AM   #10

I just upgraded my led lights with the m4 natural lights. Warm is too yellow while cool is too blue.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I agree with your wife. I spent over 30 years in classrooms with fluorescent lights and lights like them make me want to pick up a piece of chalk and take attendance.

We went with the M4 cool white 6000k, boy did they light up the old 2000 Dutch Star DP. Wifey loves the brightness!

Tags
led, light, lights