Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's a great looking work area you have as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Snart View Post
Thanks for the kind words on the coach.

The coach is being prepared by the dealer right now. They did the heater test during a cold night and the system held temp front to rear without the fan running constaint. Good news for Ma.

Ma Snart
Did they test it with the slides out? Seem obvious, but you want to be sure that it was tested that way. Mine would heat fine with the slides in.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Great looking Coach!!!!!!
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #18

Thanks for the kind words.

Hey RedBaron73!

I checked and the slides were out during the heater test. Glad you mentioned it.

Ma Snart
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great! Glad it all worked out.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #20

Rain, rain, and then snow. Looks like I will wait until next week for delivery...

Ma Snart
Old 04-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #21

Putting the Razor in the back of the pickup is a great idea, but you need a 6.5 ft bed to do it. I believe the crew cabs only have a 5.5 ft bed. I tow a Chevy Silverado ext cab behind my KSDP. The rear wheels of the RZR are on the tailgate which is supported by after market tail gate supports. This has worked very well for me, I did over 8000 miles last summer.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #22

Hey Tucsonrail...

Thanks for the information. I have been studying postings on the net on what people have done to haul their RZR in their pick up beds. My plan is to extend the bed similar to what these guys did using a metal structure that ties into the receiver for support. It will allow me to keep my crew cab RAM 1500 and fit the RZR in the 5.5 bed and keep the load off the tailgate.

What ahve been your favorite places to take your RV and run the RZR? We plan to be making at least one trip to LA and DC each year to see our children (we live south of Milwaukee, Wi). So I am interested in side trips to use the RZR as well.

Thanks,

Ma Snart
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1112.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	36681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture111.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	36682  

Name:	IMG00195-20110813-0713.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	36683  
Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #23

Silverton Colorado is my favorite. You can ride for days and there is much to explore. There are roads and trails everywhere off the Alpine Loop. Plus you get sit in the RV park and watch the trains coming and going. Another great place is Southern Utah, the Manti area and of course Moab. Moab is great in the spring and fall. If you stay at Arch View you can ride right out of the campground.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Snart View Post
Rain, rain, and then snow. Looks like I will wait until next week for delivery...
Ma Snart ... how's the weather looking next week??? We are getting anxious

Steve
FLSteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #25

Hey Tucsonrail! - Thanks for the info. Now to check out all the places on the net that you have recommended, and start planning for the trip thru the Rockies.

Thanks so much for the info.

Hey Steve! - Rain, Rain, Rain, and then throw in some snow! Looks to be clearing up on 18/19. If so I plan to go on the Friday the 19th if the roads are clear. The 18th is my birthday so the timing is perfect...

I am also anxious to say the least!!!!

Ma Snart
Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #26

Your getting anxious?

We're dieing over here waiting.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #27

Hey PDRJohn!

Sorry that mother nature is not cooperating. It is interesting how excited each of have been about the other's rigs. Like Deek said, we have all been waiting around for the birth of the next baby - Ha!

My dealer said he has had a lot of interest in the floorplan we ended up with. We replaced the fireplace with another reclining chair so each of us had a comfortable place to read and watch TV. While we will miss the fireplace, the change also allowed us to add 2 full length windows - one in the side of the slide, and one in the front of the slide. These two windows make the unit feel even bigger (we saw this floorplan in another rig when we visited the factory - picture attached).

I told the dealer when he asked if it was OK to show other people our layout that there was no problem and I only charge a 3% commision on each sale - LOL!

Ma Snart
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	36865  
Old 04-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Ma --

Fabulous looking contraption. Looks familiar to me somehow!!!

I'm in Grand Rapids picking up a few items we left here with my sister in law in mid February when we picked up our coach at Nappanee and didn't need to take to Florida. Yes, it's been raining and snowing here since Thursday. But you know what? It's neither snowing or raining this morning (Sunday), so you know exactly what I'll be doing today before I leave to go home to Pennsylvania -- I'll be swinging by Midway RV just to see if I can spy that beautiful baby of yours!!

I'm with you about delivery. Get it when weather is clear and roads are dry. If the dealer lets a few of us take it for a test spin in the meantime, don't you worry about a thing! We'll be careful and we'll be sure to refill it with diesel.

Have a magnificent time with your lovely wife in your gorgeous new coach. You know we're all rooting for you!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote