Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #1

Macerator toilet bowl not holding water

In our 18 London Aire the back toilet will only keep about 3 inches of water in the bowel. The water will leak out if you add water to the bowel but toilet flushes fine. Contacted Dometic and said to add tie wraps to large black hose which we did and still same issue. Thanks
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #2
Rd1

tom, it sounds like the vent may be bad, or stuck closed. I had issue with the vent, and for testing newmar had it covered (sealed), this led to the water in the bowl to drain. if you are not familiar with the valve, enclosed is the picture.

btw, is the white surface of the valve clear? or does it show yellow/brown stains? if so, it has failed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet_Valve.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	186131  
Old 12-19-2017, 06:04 AM   #3

I have this problem chronically in one of my two toilets.

Newmar tech cleaned it with detergent and it worked for a day or so...then stopped...vacuum thingy (can't remember the name) replaced. Stopped working after a few days. Two different times and two different factory techs told me it was dirt/debris causing the problem.

I have found that cleaning with Calgon and blue Dawn (like I use for the tanks) will remedy it for a little while.

I just live with it.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:53 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I am having the same problem with just one of the toilets. Question, do you have to change out the entire tube or just the anti syphen
Ilovenh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171227_211506.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	187069Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171227_211458.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	187070 I am having the same problem with just 1 of the toilets, my question is do you have to change out the entire tube (#10 in the picture) or just the anti siphon valve? And has this fixed the problem and for how long?

Thanks for the help!

Eric
Ilovenh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #6

Toilets have bowels? I thought that was a human or ship item.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:05 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tom please note: We had a similar problem on our coach that was due to a bad valve on the backside of the aft/full bath Dometic Toilet - the end result being it was leaking water underneath (below the flooring) down onto the frame rails below the interior engine compartment hatch. Suggest you open your emergency door and check closely behind the toilet or possibly pull you're hatch and inspect closely. Another tell-tale would be to turn your water pump on and spend time listening for it to come on when you're otherwise not using water (but of course, that could take a while).
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #8

Thanks for all the information on our toilet. We are working with Newmar on this 18 London Aire. Sure glad we have 2 toilets. Newmar wanted to have a RV service person come out but he never came so we are back to the start. Like so many other things on Newmar going to have to get this one taken care of own our own. But my irv2 buddies have given me the information I need to get started. Leaving for Quartzsite and NKK plus FMCA rallies in a couple days.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
Thanks for all the information on our toilet. We are working with Newmar on this 18 London Aire. Sure glad we have 2 toilets. Newmar wanted to have a RV service person come out but he never came so we are back to the start. Like so many other things on Newmar going to have to get this one taken care of own our own. But my irv2 buddies have given me the information I need to get started. Leaving for Quartzsite and NKK plus FMCA rallies in a couple days.
maybe there will be techs at the NKK rally ? i should think at the FMCA rally there would be a few techs there for certain...
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #10

Worked again yesterday trying to find the problem but still a problem with bowl not holding the water and the fill water to the bowl button only letting a very small amount of water to enter bowl. Will need to get back with Domectic for some more info.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
Worked again yesterday trying to find the problem but still a problem with bowl not holding the water and the fill water to the bowl button only letting a very small amount of water to enter bowl. Will need to get back with Domectic for some more info.

Is it set for low level, low water usage as in dry camping or normal level and water usage? In the manual it tells you how to swap back and forth!
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:51 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Is it set for low level, low water usage as in dry camping or normal level and water usage? In the manual it tells you how to swap back and forth!
To swap modes, hold the flush button in for 5 seconds until the light blinks. But I’m sure dometic has offered that advice.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:30 PM   #13

Have try both positions for water usage and the bowel only hold about 2 inches of water. You can pour water from a cup and add to bowl and you can see and hear from the back of toilet the water leaking out of bowl till it's down to 2 inches. Even Domectic didn't have an answer.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovenh3 View Post
Attachment 187069Attachment 187070 I am having the same problem with just 1 of the toilets, my question is do you have to change out the entire tube (#10 in the picture) or just the anti siphon valve? And has this fixed the problem and for how long?

Thanks for the help!

Eric
I have two and have had both off. Part 10 is the entire part and would be replaced as a unit. The toilets as whole are easy to work on. The hardest part is the maserator, it's supported by a Velcro strap that is on two hooks. That is a bitch if your hands are bigger than a 5 year olds.

Tags
ace, toilet, water