Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2019, 05:34 PM   #1

Macerator toilet stopped flushing

My toilet in the 1/2 bath has stopped working. I have a dim red light. Tank is completely empty.
Called Newmar CS and they told me to unplug the switch for 60 seconds then plug back in. It flushed twice then no more.
Anybody have any ideas?

I really need this thing to flush!!
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2019, 05:53 PM   #2

Went through a similar issue with my rear toilet two weeks ago. Would fill with water but would not flush. Took it in thinking it should be a warranty issue only to find out my daughter was putting her hygiene products in the toilet instead of the waste basket. $250 lesson learned.
tjtj511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:12 PM   #3
dms

Flush the black tank with cleaner.

Find the toilet controller near the toilet, probably hidden behind a removable panel in the bathroom. Its a little black box with several wires. Cut the yellow wire. The yellow wire is the signal wire that tells the toilet the tank is full and not to flush.

Remember to splice the wire back after the problem is found.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Flush the black tank with cleaner.

Find the toilet controller near the toilet, probably hidden behind a removable panel in the bathroom. Its a little black box with several wires. Cut the yellow wire. The yellow wire is the signal wire that tells the toilet the tank is full and not to flush.

Remember to splice the wire back after the problem is found.
Good Bypass idea. instead of splicing maybe a switch for the next event.
Essex-Spensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:46 PM   #5

I have a Winnabego and have the same problem. Called Winnie CS and was told that there may be a short in the wiring. Haven’t had time to fix it yet. CS told me that there is an emergency flush procedure. If you hold the button in for about 6 to 10 seconds the red light will flash and the toilet will flush. Tried it and it is true.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I added a switch to the half bath toilet and left the main bath alone. In an emergency, I found I could get about five more flushes out of the half bath toilet when the main bath red light illuminated.

This still doesn't solve your issue, but cutting wire many get you through until the problem is resolved.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:28 PM   #7

I installed a switch at the main controller in the pegboard bay:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/anot...-432713-3.html
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hunt View Post
My toilet in the 1/2 bath has stopped working. I have a dim red light. Tank is completely empty.
Called Newmar CS and they told me to unplug the switch for 60 seconds then plug back in. It flushed twice then no more.
Anybody have any ideas?

I really need this thing to flush!!
I had a similar problem, rear toilet wouldn't flush. I flushed the black tank from the wet bay really well, I think some "debris" may have been stuck over the sensor. works now and whenever it happens I give the black tank a good flush and the red light goes away, rear toilet flushes
mrome54369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:23 PM   #9

Macerator toilet stopped flushing

Update. I had to replace my wall switch with a new one. Newmar quoted me a price of $ 336.00 !! Did some searching and found one for a little over $ 250.00. Called Dometic and after several calls to them i was given a number for the regional office in Ft Lauderdale FL I called and sent photos of mine. They had one in stock and shipped it to me for $ 153.00.
Flushing again!!!
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I added a switch to the half bath toilet and left the main bath alone. In an emergency, I found I could get about five more flushes out of the half bath toilet when the main bath red light illuminated.

This still doesn't solve your issue, but cutting wire many get you through until the problem is resolved.
How did you figure out the five more flushes? I'm assuming in this case, you mean the tank really full (full enough to bring on the red light).
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:44 PM   #11

Macerator toilet slow to flush

In our main bathroom we have a Dometic 8700 macerator toilet that sometimes has a delay when pressing the flush switch. It can take up to 10 seconds to flush after pushing the button and sometimes does not flush at all and other times flushes normally When it does not flush we hear a click. If there is a delay, sometimes it does not fill up completely with water, nor does the water fill switch operate.

Any ideas of what the problem might be? The only thing we've tried is unplugging the wall switch.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #12

Macerator Toilet not flushing

Our particular problem (no water coming in and/or delayed flushing) turned out to be the Water Valve Assembly (Newmar part #021845). The Control Board Module was OK.

We had NIRVC in Lawrenceville, GA do the repair for $266 (1 hour labor and $114 part).
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodosgood View Post
In our main bathroom we have a Dometic 8700 macerator toilet that sometimes has a delay when pressing the flush switch. It can take up to 10 seconds to flush after pushing the button and sometimes does not flush at all and other times flushes normally When it does not flush we hear a click. If there is a delay, sometimes it does not fill up completely with water, nor does the water fill switch operate.

Any ideas of what the problem might be? The only thing we've tried is unplugging the wall switch.
There’s a switch by your entry door, called the “Salesman Switch”. Mine has a RED Light on it to indicate it is on. Turning this OFF shuts down the entire (well almost) coach. This has the effect of Rebooting everything in the coach. Sometimes electronics get glitchy. I have had this fix the Day/Night blinds when they stop working. Give it a try. Leave it off for 60+ seconds and then turn it back on. Just might be the fix you need.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #14

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post

There’s a switch by your entry door, called the “Salesman Switch”. .
No such thing !!.

There will be a switch but it won't be marked " salesman " or anything like that.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, toilet