Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I do not think there is a difference from a power standpoint.

pCS developed the hybrid tech, and magnum created a new sku to offer the same thing with their take.

pCS has a complete solution as it incorporates load shed, charge rate control, and inverter assist.

I was hoping the larger inverter would add more amps.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2020, 04:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I do not think there is a difference from a power standpoint.

pCS developed the hybrid tech, and magnum created a new sku to offer the same thing with their take.

pCS has a complete solution as it incorporates load shed, charge rate control, and inverter assist.

I was hoping the larger inverter would add more amps.
It sounds like I might be wasting time and money if I read this right.

Can you give more details?

Ted.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is your coach all electric?

Do you have the Precision energy management?

If you do, then I don't think you are going to gain anything , and will possible lose features.

What where you hoping to accomplish with the hybrid? My first thought was more amps..but I was proven wrong on that.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Is your coach all electric?

Do you have the Precision energy management?

If you do, then I don't think you are going to gain anything , and will possible lose features.

What where you hoping to accomplish with the hybrid? My first thought was more amps..but I was proven wrong on that.
Yes all electric

Yes I do but do not understand what the job of it is other than manage input amperage.

I was hoping to gain load sharing, so I I am on a 30 amp pole I don't blow the breaker running an AC and Microwave.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:29 AM   #19

Do you have links to the videos? I can’t find them.
Jimmyb12015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have Solar? And have upgraded the remote to the ME-ARC? and install MicroAir Easy Start units on two rooftop A/C units?

Then you already can run two A/C units in a 30A shore connection.

At night...one Air Conditioner is sufficient. During the day...I simply tell the Inverter to AC IN = SOC...and set a lower SOC like 70%. The Inverter will begin inverting...and it’s mostly using 12vdc from the solar converter, very little if any from the battery. Well...unless you decide to roast a Turkey in the microwave. What you have done basically...is divide the coach into two sources...30A shore, will run the items on the Main AC bus only. The inverter will run the iems on the Inverter sub panel. With easy starts...and the fact that the Dometic control center staggers compressor start-up...you will be fine with 30A running the two A/C units. I turn off Oasis AC1&AC2...but if you left them ON they hound load shed automatically when the Air Conditioners Start up. You will have to turn OFF an Air Conditioner to use Induction cooktop...but again, an Air Conditioner will load shed if you run the induction cooktop automatically if I had to guess. You have told the outlets, and refrigerator to use battery/solar to give the air conditioners more room to work on the 30A shore connection.

I had done this in Full Sun at Ft. Clinch S.P. My neighbor decided to brag about having one of the few 50A spots...and launched into the history of local rv campgrounds fussing about the State Parks program to upgrade to 50A. Don’t know if any of this is true, mind you. He told me the State Park stopped the upgrades...so only a few sites go the upgraded 50A. I didn’t care one way or the other...my Coach was purring along fine on 30A.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
If you have Solar? And have upgraded the remote to the ME-ARC? and install MicroAir Easy Start units on two rooftop A/C units?

Then you already can run two A/C units in a 30A shore connection.

At night...one Air Conditioner is sufficient. During the day...I simply tell the Inverter to AC IN = SOC...and set a lower SOC like 70%. The Inverter will begin inverting...and it’s mostly using 12vdc from the solar converter, very little if any from the battery. Well...unless you decide to roast a Turkey in the microwave. What you have done basically...is divide the coach into two sources...30A shore, will run the items on the Main AC bus only. The inverter will run the iems on the Inverter sub panel. With easy starts...and the fact that the Dometic control center staggers compressor start-up...you will be fine with 30A running the two A/C units. I turn off Oasis AC1&AC2...but if you left them ON they hound load shed automatically when the Air Conditioners Start up. You will have to turn OFF an Air Conditioner to use Induction cooktop...but again, an Air Conditioner will load shed if you run the induction cooktop automatically if I had to guess. You have told the outlets, and refrigerator to use battery/solar to give the air conditioners more room to work on the 30A shore connection.

I had done this in Full Sun at Ft. Clinch S.P. My neighbor decided to brag about having one of the few 50A spots...and launched into the history of local rv campgrounds fussing about the State Parks program to upgrade to 50A. Don’t know if any of this is true, mind you. He told me the State Park stopped the upgrades...so only a few sites go the upgraded 50A. I didn’t care one way or the other...my Coach was purring along fine on 30A.
I really appreciate the detailed explanation that is really awesome.

I do not have solar panels but you are teasing me in to adding them now.

I may add soft starts either way, they seem to be a really popular upgrade that should be standard.

Ted.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:41 PM   #22

MS2012 to MSH3012Rv

Got mine installed in a 2015 Tuscany 42WX
I ran a 6/4 cable from the shore input (left side) of the transfer switch (after the surge suppressor) to the rightside inverter mounting area. Wired the inputs for dual in Dual out configuration. Shorted the old ms2012 inverter in outs. Ran the 6/4 cable back over to input of the transfer switch.
After setting the ARC-50 to input to 25 amps (ACIN) I saw the LOAD SHARING feature activate. It doesn’t work like the ARC-50 manual. After calling Magnum the explanation is they are a year behind on manual rewrites.
I was hoping it would allow me to share my solar during the day. It seems to turn the charger section on when Load Sharing. Otherwise I try and leave the charger in standby unlinked. The solar charges the battery mostly. That’s my electric savings. I set the charger to 50% hoping to get more from the Pt-100 set at 100%.
With the upgrade both of my lines are now now feeding the Precision Circuits load manager even when off shore power. Most importantly the induction range always has power. Before only line 1 or half the circuits were energized when boondocking. It’s only 30 amps but that’s a lot better than 20amps.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb12015 View Post
I ran a 6/4 cable from the shore input (left side) of the transfer switch (after the surge suppressor) to the rightside inverter mounting area. Wired the inputs for dual in Dual out configuration. Shorted the old ms2012 inverter in outs. Ran the 6/4 cable back over to input of the transfer switch.
After setting the ARC-50 to input to 25 amps (ACIN) I saw the LOAD SHARING feature activate. It doesn’t work like the ARC-50 manual. After calling Magnum the explanation is they are a year behind on manual rewrites.
I was hoping it would allow me to share my solar during the day. It seems to turn the charger section on when Load Sharing. Otherwise I try and leave the charger in standby unlinked. The solar charges the battery mostly. That’s my electric savings. I set the charger to 50% hoping to get more from the Pt-100 set at 100%.
With the upgrade both of my lines are now now feeding the Precision Circuits load manager even when off shore power. Most importantly the induction range always has power. Before only line 1 or half the circuits were energized when boondocking. It’s only 30 amps but that’s a lot better than 20amps.
I would love to see a schematic of your system.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb12015 View Post
You jumped the old inverter in and out cables, color for color, completing the circuit from the main panel and back..

Saying you " Shorted them " means something else.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:01 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I got my 3012 from Inverter Supply also, good price. I decided to use both and invert the entire panel so I could use everything off the batteries. The 3012 will load share and because of the solar it will load support. When on shore power they charge the batteries around 230a. Each inverter passes one leg of shore power to the panel. When there is no shore power it automatically inverts each leg. I just had to isolate the neutrals for each leg. Over 1.5 years and every thing works good. I installed the easy starts also so I could run the AC's off the batteries.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:38 PM   #26

Shorted?

Tomatoe-Tomahtoe.
In the the context I never mentioned “shorting to ground” so I’m guessing you are “helping” me to understand something what should be obvious.
When a circuit is completed it is SHORTED, when it is not completed it is OPEN. Is that better for your understanding? This isn’t engineering school-if you want to teach I suggest you write a book or go teach a class.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 fan View Post
I got my 3012 from Inverter Supply also, good price. I decided to use both and invert the entire panel so I could use everything off the batteries. The 3012 will load share and because of the solar it will load support. When on shore power they charge the batteries around 230a. Each inverter passes one leg of shore power to the panel. When there is no shore power it automatically inverts each leg. I just had to isolate the neutrals for each leg. Over 1.5 years and every thing works good. I installed the easy starts also so I could run the AC's off the batteries.
You are running 2 inverters?

Any chance you could share pictures or diagrams?

You peaked my interest.

I have an all electric coach and can't use my electric cooktop without Shore power
Old 03-16-2021, 09:01 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie 4369 View Post
You are running 2 inverters?

Any chance you could share pictures or diagrams?

You peaked my interest.

I have an all electric coach and can't use my electric cooktop without Shore power
Yes, I am using the Newmar installed 2812 for one leg (L1) and the new 3012 for L2. I can draw something up and dig up some pictures if you want. If you only want to add the cook top to the inverter that would be a easy and much cheaper fix. Post a picture of your electrical panel.

Tags
upgrade