Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 09:53 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Mail

Here’s a question for you “full timers”, … what do you do for your mail?
Not all mail can be done by email, so how do you handle it and get things timely?
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2022, 10:39 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Escapees and use their mail service. I have been using them for about 9 years and no problems. We made Livingston, Texas our official address using their mail service address.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:01 AM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
X 2 on Escapees, Except We use their storefront address in Box Elder, SD as our State residence of record. We are SD residents in all respects.
Absolutely No Issues with their mail service... They will forward your mail to you anywhere in the world. AND will give you a "Heads Up" if something important shows up.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:09 AM   #4

X3 on Escapees. Used them for almost 20 years with no problems. Their facility is like a post office, fully automated. (We 'worked' there once for a couple days during an ice storm because workers couldn't get in.)
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 04:57 PM   #5

We've used Florida based St Brendan's Isle since going fulltime in 2018, and could not be happier. If any mails shows up, we get an email notification and can log in to see a scan of the envelope. If we need more info, we can request a scan of the contents for a nominal fee and we'll have a pdf the next morning.

https://www.sbimailservice.com/
Old 01-19-2022, 06:22 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We use Good Sam mail service. We are on year two of the service. Pleased so far.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:40 AM   #7

https://goodsammailservice.com/

I have been using the premium service for 7 years and I have been extremely pleased with their service.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
We've used Florida based St Brendan's Isle since going fulltime in 2018, and could not be happier. If any mails shows up, we get an email notification and can log in to see a scan of the envelope. If we need more info, we can request a scan of the contents for a nominal fee and we'll have a pdf the next morning.

https://www.sbimailservice.com/
If you want the piece sent to you what's the charge?
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:39 AM   #9

Currently I am using my friends address and he goes through the mail for me. I will use Escapees if I continue the full timing next year
Winger2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
If you want the piece sent to you what's the charge?
When you log on and see the mail you've received, you have the option to have them shred it, scan it, or hold to send. We usually have them hold the mail we receive up to about a month or so before requesting a shipment. We then may choose how it's sent, (UPS or UPSP overnight or 2-3 day, or 3-4 day, etc). The charge is the actual postage plus $2.

You can also have them scan the contents of the mail at the following fees:
$0.50 to open an envelope
First 5 pages of each envelope are $0.10 each – any additional pages within the envelope are free

All discarded documents or Archived documents are shredded free

We know some people who just have the mail scanned to pdf and shredded, and never have the originals sent.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
When you log on and see the mail you've received, you have the option to have them shred it, scan it, or hold to send. We usually have them hold the mail we receive up to about a month or so before requesting a shipment. We then may choose how it's sent, (UPS or UPSP overnight or 2-3 day, or 3-4 day, etc). The charge is the actual postage plus $2.

You can also have them scan the contents of the mail at the following fees:
$0.50 to open an envelope
First 5 pages of each envelope are $0.10 each – any additional pages within the envelope are free

All discarded documents or Archived documents are shredded free

We know some people who just have the mail scanned to pdf and shredded, and never have the originals sent.
Thanks for the info.

I don't really see the need to have the mail sent to me often, so your once a month shipment would work for us. Only if it's a very important document I need right away would I'd have it sent immediately. I don't really see that happening very often though.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:51 PM   #12
jrs

We set up our domicile based from Crestview, FL. We use MyRVmail.com who also handles Good Sams Mail. Been pleased with 2.5yrs of service.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote