Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2020, 09:28 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Maintenance at NIRVC while full timing

As we start on a trip to the midwest (Brrrr!), we are going to stop at NIRVC LV for some maintenance that should take between 4-5 days.

What is the experience of full timers or others when doing this? Have you stayed in their "campground" overnight(s) and then the coach is taken into the service area during the day or do you just stay at a local hotel during the maintenance? Will a full fridge and freezer be OK? Are items such as computers, etc. safe to be left behind?

More rookie questions, I know, but I have learned so much from this forum and want to get others' input on this question.

Thanks so much!
kdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoyle View Post
As we start on a trip to the midwest (Brrrr!), we are going to stop at NIRVC LV for some maintenance that should take between 4-5 days.

What is the experience of full timers or others when doing this? Have you stayed in their "campground" overnight(s) and then the coach is taken into the service area during the day or do you just stay at a local hotel during the maintenance? Will a full fridge and freezer be OK? Are items such as computers, etc. safe to be left behind?

More rookie questions, I know, but I have learned so much from this forum and want to get others' input on this question.

Thanks so much!
You might give them a call and ask how they handle powering coaches during service and if their lounge is open for service customers.

In Lost Wages I'd be inclined to take the toad and do a tourist thing, catch a show, maybe a museum.

If you have plans off-property make sure you talk to the service adviser before departing. The schedules might not be synchronized .
Old 10-26-2020, 01:11 PM   #3

The NIRVC chain is our favorite - you can good reliable service. Your questions:
I always tell people to expect a little longer than you plan for repairs. Its always a little more involved when they dig into issues
They do have water/electric hookups behind their building for nights - we lived there for 3 weeks while getting items fixed. During the day we did LV as well as many parks et al in the area, slept in coach at night.
They will pick up in AM, so ensure it is ready to be moved
They can dump it for you when they bring coach back
They will keep it hooked when inside working on it so fridge/freezer ok
We do leave some valuables in the coach and never had issues, though we don't leave them out in plain sight
They do have a customer waiting area. When we where there last year, they were still doing construction, so don't know how it is, but should be fine
MnRBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #4

NIRVC Fulltimer experience

We have not used the NIRVC facility in LV but we have spent many nights at their facility in Lawrenceville (Atlanta), GA. We have always been able to spend the night in ours and make it ready for the techs in the morning. They usually put a sign in the windshield that reads "Keep plugged in" if that is what you desire.

We've had no problems with anything we left in the coach.

The Lawrenceville location has many spots with 50 amp electric only and around 7 spots that have full hookups. There is a dump station and water in the back of the lot.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #5

Maintenance at NIRVC while full timing

We use NIRVC exclusively and they understand you need your coach. They will have you stay their campground (lot) will have 50amp and water. Dump stations onsite. Tech’s will pick up at 8:00am and out about 5:00pm.
You will not be by yourself, lots of others doing the same.
We just left NIRVC Lewisville, TX.
last week where we spent 3 nights.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #6

We are full timers and have had work done at NIRV in Lawrenceville 3 different times. No issues whatsoever and were treated very well.

I believe you will have a similar experience. -Paul
Old 10-26-2020, 07:43 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnRBuck View Post
The NIRVC chain is our favorite - you can good reliable service. Your questions:
I always tell people to expect a little longer than you plan for repairs. Its always a little more involved when they dig into issues
They do have water/electric hookups behind their building for nights - we lived there for 3 weeks while getting items fixed. During the day we did LV as well as many parks et al in the area, slept in coach at night.
They will pick up in AM, so ensure it is ready to be moved
They can dump it for you when they bring coach back
They will keep it hooked when inside working on it so fridge/freezer ok
We do leave some valuables in the coach and never had issues, though we don't leave them out in plain sight
They do have a customer waiting area. When we where there last year, they were still doing construction, so don't know how it is, but should be fine

x2. I lived in the lot with 50 amp power and fresh water for 3 weeks too. There is dump station just outside the gated lot. I wandered LV during the day. Only complaint is the neighboring amazon fulfillment center can be very noisy pretty much 24/7. You'll feel the vibrations from the trucks through the concrete as they pickup/drop the trailers. It made my dog think there was thunder often. some nights she preferred sleeping in the car. During the day the lounge was a good place for me to work and the dog to have some AC during the 100+ temps. I seem to recall spotty wifi on my jetpack in the campground. Likely do to the high buildings, because you are pretty much in between the two warehouses (Amazon and NIRV). But was excellent on the other side of the building where the inside lounge is at. They have wifi that I believe reached the campground area, but I can't recall if it was strong enough to stream tv.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance