Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Matthew Miller Interview

In the May 2012 edition of the FMCA Magazine, pages 22/23, there is a very nice two (2) page Newmar ad.

It says ... "To read an interview with Matthew Miller about Newmar's future, go to WWW.NEWMARCORP/MATTHEWFUTURE"

I can't seem to find any link to that ad ... has anybody seen it yet?

Steve

BTW ... we just took delivery of our new Ventana 3433 two weeks ago and are loving it. We upgraded from a Tiffin 28' Breeze that we had for 6 months and 10,000 miles. That was a great coach too, but we decided we wanted a bigger one for longer trips.
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Here is the link, the article in FMCA left out the .com in their link,=.

Newmar Future

They will ask for your name and email address to access the article
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Nice interview.

The things Matt talks about are the things that customers care about and want to know that Newmar will continue keep on its radar screen. In my (several) dealings with Newmar (and Matt Miller), I am fully confident that Newmar will be there for us as time goes on and will stand fully behind their products. They know that their reputation is on line with all of us and they have shown me that they take that knowledge and that responsibility seriously.

Any new coach has issues -- simply because of the complexity of the machine and the many parts and pieces that have to work together in tandem to make it go smoothly. Anyone who thinks that a piece of machinery this complicated will be without the need for repair or adjustment is simply fooling him or herself.

Instead, the relevant question is what the manufacturer will do WHEN those issues arise. Will they face them directly and resolve them in a manner that assures the customer's loyalty and expectations -- or will they move toward the many ways they can always find to wiggle out of taking responsibility for inadequate design or manufacture and leave the customer asking about another manufacturer when the time comes to replace his/her coach?

Like most of us, we have had issues with our new coach (which we love, maybe even more now than the day we turned the key in the ignition for the first time). Though we bought the coach new in November, 2011, it sat on the dealer's lot for almost a year and a half before we took delivery at the end of March, 2012. Did that in turn result in some of the issues we had? I suspect the answer is yes, but we got the coach and the deal we wanted and we have been, and are, incredibly excited about the choice we made. But the coach came to us with "issues" and we needed help.

The dealer, unfortunately, did an inadequate job of resolving the issues we encountered. But Newmar followed up with us -- by calling us directly to make sure we were happy with our purchase (which, at that point we were, honestly, less than enthused) -- and we were asked to get the coach directly to Newmar (not another dealer) so that all issues could be resolved to our complete satisfaction (Newmar even paid the fuel and toll costs to get the coach to Nappanee).

In going over the coach, the techs not only addressed and resolved all of the issues we put on our punch list, they also discovered and fixed a few other small things that they noticed when the did the work -- things that may never have surfaced had they not been addressed at the factory. The techs who worked on the coach emailed and called us and kept us up to date on all issues we presented to them. They made sure that with regard to each and every issue, we knew what they found and what they did to resolve each issue. The work was not done until it was all done. Never was there a question of them wanting to get us out of their hair. I fully believe that they would have kept the coach for as long as it took to get it right and "brand new" -- however long that took.

Bottom line is this: We fell in love all over again with the Newmar coach choice we made and we feel that -- without asking for anything other than fixing the things that were broke -- Newmar went above and beyond what they needed to do, to make sure we were fully happy and completely satisfied with our purchase of their product and with them.

We are.

Happy Motoring!

Deek and JoJo
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #4

All I can say is the Millers and the staff at Newmar are the best. Without going into details the Millers and Newmar stand behind what they build and will never leave you hanging. My wife and I have owned two Newmars we just got our 2012 DSDP and went to the factory to pick this one up. The staff and the tech did everything we ask them to do and then some what a incredible company. At sometime we will buy another coach and I guarantee you it will be a Newmar.
Beacher is offline   Reply With Quote