Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #1

MCD Shade Remote Cosmetics Fix

I went to pick up my coach after the remote and motor upgrade and saw the huge hole left when they removed the original remote from the wall. The dealer told me of an upcoming fix to cover the hole. Has anyone received the cosmetic fix and if so can you attach a photo.
ddowntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddowntown View Post
I went to pick up my coach after the remote and motor upgrade and saw the huge hole left when they removed the original remote from the wall. The dealer told me of an upcoming fix to cover the hole. Has anyone received the cosmetic fix and if so can you attach a photo.
I was in Nappanee for factory warranty work in late October. I was told by the team leader affiliated with my service that a cosmetic fix was still ongoing by development. As of today I have heard of not one..Maybe there will eventually..Safe travels my friend...David
NEWMARDS3724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If I may ask, why did you have the remote and motors replaced?
Meleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #4

The motors and remote were part of a Newmar recall from 2017. They, the dealership held my unit until they could complete the recall. I am sad to say it took way too long to complete.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
I had the recall handled at the Newmar Rally in MO last September. Two guys, three hours, replaced all 23 shade motors, one shade and the controller. I like the new controller, but not the hole in the wall.

I called Newmar a few weeks back to get an update on the “fix” for the wall and they said MCD is still working on it.

I was over on the Entegra Forum the other day and they have a thread on this same subject. But I got the impression they are experiencing more problems than Newmar owners getting their motors replaced.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:04 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
MCD Shade Remote Cosmetics Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meleina View Post
If I may ask, why did you have the remote and motors replaced?

According to one of the Techs who changed out my motors, MCD got a “bad batch” from their supplier (Chinese?) and they were experiencing lots of failures. This guy was the Service Manager from the MCD plant in McKinney. He said there were about 500 coaches on the list for this TSB.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #7

I replaced all my MCD motors myself back in October. No one at Newmar knew of a fix for the hole left by the old remote, so I just left the old holder in place until they have a fix for it.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #8

I had all my motors replaced at NIRV Atlanta in mid-December. It took one guy a total of about 10 hours to complete both front and rear replacement.

The good news, and the bad news, is that they kept the original controller in place, to avoid creating a hole! I was wondering what people were doing to cover it, as I was thinking of finding some art work to hang in that location.

I am in no hurry, and await hearing from others.

I like the new hand held remote, now that I am used to it. When leaving the coach in storage, I set it on the passenger seat, so when I arrive and open the door, I can use it to raise the passenger night shade, where in the past, I had to climb in under the shade to get to raise it up.

the problem is...One more remote. Between all the AV/TV remotes, awning remote, shade remote, and Clarion NX-405 remote, I am expecting to show up next time and find out that some have mated, and created a new remote for something I didn't know existed!
Bchtravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #9

Wow, thanks for all the good info, my old huge remote was sent back to MCD so I have the ugly hole left. I’m thinking until they come up with something I will cut a price of sheet metal the size of the old remote and velcro it in place of the remote. Then the new magnetic remote holder will hang out there.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #10

MCD controller

While I was at Nappanee, my shades were replaced with the updated ones. I was also told I would be receiving the cosmetic fix. In the mean time I just mounted the new controller in the middle of the old controller's holder. I tried to rotate the image without success.
I considered removing the Velcro strips but then I would have staple holes. It will have to do for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mcd 2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	188285  
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote