Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #1

MCD visor shade slides down

My MCD windshield black visor shade has to be reprogramed every 500-1000 miles if you’re on rough roads for multiple days. The visor vibrates down 3” or so a day and before you know if the shade is down to where it is blocking your vision.

Anyone else have this problem and figured out a way to keep the shade from rolling off the reel on its own?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2016, 12:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you go into QT's # 3 and the All About Windows section you will find information about your shades and programming.
All the links below in my signature have info for tour Newmar.
Enjoy the forum and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:18 PM   #3

I know how to program the shade and visor. What I would like to know is why the visor vibrates down a few inches per day and needs to be reprogrammed to get them to go all the way again.

2014 Newmar Ventana 3436
Old 09-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #4

X2.....I have the same problem with my windshield day shade. All others stay and have not required reprograming.
Day shade...have to reset often....real pain. Would like to know how to fix as well.
Dave
cueball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #5

I had the same issue while I was under warranty- they replaced the shade.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #6

I had the same issue on my last coach. Newmar replaced the motor and all was good. The tech explained the motor was defective and allowed the shade to slip when driving on rough roads.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by David D. View Post
I had the same issue on my last coach. Newmar replaced the motor and all was good. The tech explained the motor was defective and allowed the shade to slip when driving on rough roads.

That's interesting. Here is the feedback Newmar sent me when I asked the question on the shade - We have honestly not heard of this issue with the shade vibrating down. You may contact MCD directly at 972-548-1850 or 800-804-1757 or you may give us a call and we can conference call with them.

2014 Newmar Ventana 3436
Old 09-06-2016, 06:37 PM   #8

We had the same problem and after re programming many times we decided to go to the shade factory in Texas. We were told that Newmar did not put the heavy duty motor in our coach and if we wanted to correct the problem we would have to upgrade the motor and the company would guarantee our shades would never slip again.

SOLD 2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the same issue (2014 Ventana 4037) and tried to get it resolved under warranty but they would not do anything because we couldn't prove it was actually slipping down. This, even though the shade was clearly lower than designed when we brought it in. So... We continue to reprogram it when it gets too low. This happens more often while traveling the rough roads of California.
chipmulgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #10

I would approach this with Newmar as a saftey issue , the screen falling could infact impair ones vision and cause an accident. Most items that effect saftey issues are usually handled right away.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide