Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Thumbs up Midway RV

Another “Well Done” story for Midway RV in Grand Rapids MI.

We had ordered an HDMI cable for the front TV that had arrived and waiting for us to make an appointment. We were returning from our recent Rocky Mountain National Park trip and thought we could stop by Midway on the way home. Sunday night, while in MO, I sent an email to Kyle, our sales rep, asking if it was possible to stop by Wednesday. Most dealers need a couple of weeks to schedule an appointment.

Kyle responded first thing Monday that Dave the service manager would be calling me shortly. Dave called to say that they were booked up and if I could get there about noon and was willing to wait, they would fit me in. Fair enough for me. Midway is 125 miles from home, so stopping by would save me time and $$$.

I arrived about 11:30am. But noon, Matt came out to get the keys and take the rig in to the service bay. About 12:30 I wandered out to grab my lap top and decided to ask Brian, service tech that did our PDI, on where the mercury switch was for the HWH system. The rig always leveled up front low. I wanted to adjust it when I got home. Brian just smiled and said “you don’t have one”. Brian then pulled the front generator slide open and pointed to the box on the firewall that held the adjustment box. Brian took the time to give me the one minute overall adjustment process; loosen this nut and turn this screw until all the lights are out.

I returned to the coach about 1:30 to find Matt tweaking in the HWH system. I got out my level (wanted to verify if my level was good) and watched Matt cycle the jacks to verify the adjustment. Spot on.

Fifteen minutes later, Dave handed me the service order. The installation of the replacement cable and the tweaking of the HWH system were covered under the warranty that was part of the purchase agreement. I was surprised as I hadn’t expected the HWH adjustment to be included.

I want to thank Kyle, Dave, Matt and Brian for tending to my needs on such short order. We are really glad that we purchased from Midway RV.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'd say your a lucky man to have a dealer that good going for you not many left in N.E. area just one in CT. Dave's RV.
Good luck with your new MH.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #3

Midway RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Another “Well Done” story for Midway RV in Grand Rapids MI.

We had ordered an HDMI cable for the front TV that had arrived and waiting for us to make an appointment. We were returning from our recent Rocky Mountain National Park trip and thought we could stop by Midway on the way home. Sunday night, while in MO, I sent an email to Kyle, our sales rep, asking if it was possible to stop by Wednesday. Most dealers need a couple of weeks to schedule an appointment.

Kyle responded first thing Monday that Dave the service manager would be calling me shortly. Dave called to say that they were booked up and if I could get there about noon and was willing to wait, they would fit me in. Fair enough for me. Midway is 125 miles from home, so stopping by would save me time and $$$.

I arrived about 11:30am. But noon, Matt came out to get the keys and take the rig in to the service bay. About 12:30 I wandered out to grab my lap top and decided to ask Brian, service tech that did our PDI, on where the mercury switch was for the HWH system. The rig always leveled up front low. I wanted to adjust it when I got home. Brian just smiled and said “you don’t have one”. Brian then pulled the front generator slide open and pointed to the box on the firewall that held the adjustment box. Brian took the time to give me the one minute overall adjustment process; loosen this nut and turn this screw until all the lights are out.

I returned to the coach about 1:30 to find Matt tweaking in the HWH system. I got out my level (wanted to verify if my level was good) and watched Matt cycle the jacks to verify the adjustment. Spot on.

Fifteen minutes later, Dave handed me the service order. The installation of the replacement cable and the tweaking of the HWH system were covered under the warranty that was part of the purchase agreement. I was surprised as I hadn’t expected the HWH adjustment to be included.

I want to thank Kyle, Dave, Matt and Brian for tending to my needs on such short order. We are really glad that we purchased from Midway RV.
Midway RV. Is the BEST!! Dave saved our summer vacations numerous times!! Excellent service department ,willing to go the extra mile to get it done right!!

Dan M
scirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #4

Hey John!

Glad to hear about the positive experiance.

The Midway group is top shelf.

Many people thought I was crazy to not at least get a quote from the new Newmar dealer 15 miles from my house when we bought our new Star. I told them I found a great dealer at Midway and I am happy. I do not mind them being 250 miles away as long as they continue to provide top notch service.

Happy camping, John...

Ma Snart
Ma Snart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
I'd say your a lucky man to have a dealer that good going for you not many left in N.E. area just one in CT. Dave's RV.
Are good Newmar dealers rare??
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
They are in N.E. since 2008 lost 5, 1 left in CT.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
They are in N.E. since 2008 lost 5, 1 left in CT.
Sounds a lot like here in Canada; Newmar dealers who have been handling other brands for decades, don't seem to last all that long with Newmar: two or three years with Newmar products seems to be about all they can tolerate. Something that has peaked my curiosity.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
There is a Newmar dealer in Bath NY Wilkins RV, So far they have been good to deal with
Old 07-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Midway / Wilkins / Sky River

Midway and Wilkins are both terrific dealers.

Have used both for various things and bought once from Wilkins. Wilkins saved us on a tire problem last fall while doing a routine service on our coach as we came home from a fall trip to Maine. They literally saved us from potential disaster that we were not witting to until they pointed it out.

Midway is fabulous too. All great people to deal with. The proof of the pudding is to see how many of our Newmar Owners' Group indicate purchases from them. A lot.

When we ordered our 2013 Dutch Star, I asked both dealers to quote our spec'd out coach which we had decided to get factory delivery on -- regrettably, neither was competitive with the dealer we ended up placing our order from Sky River RV in Dublin, California (Sky River was 12-15K better -- a 'statistically significant' number IMHO). But if either of these dealers would step up pricewise, I'd never hesitate to buy a new coach from either one. Outstanding and very knowledgable dealers.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote