Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2015, 11:31 PM   #1

Missing HDMI cable for rear TV

We've had our new 2015 Bay Star 3402 a few weeks. I am unable to get a satellite signal to the rear TV. I pulled the rear TV down and checked the HDMI cable and found it was securely plugged in. The rear TV worked fine in the DVD and off air modes. (The front TV working fine in all 3 modes.) So I took a look up front to see if the HDMI cable had come loss from the splitter amp and found no HDMI cable. I found the cable that goes to the main TV and the cable going to the external TV hook up but no cable for the rear TV. Has anyone heard of this problem before?
Carolina Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2015, 12:29 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The rear HDMI is to connect a separate Sat Receiver box, it does not receive the sat feed. It is designed as a "His/Her" arrangement, that way you can watch separate tv broadcasts.
LCDRAKAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
To test the setup. take your front sat receiver, coax and HDMI to the bedroom cabinet where the dvd is located. There should be a wall mounted coax and HDMI connection as well as a AC plug. If you are pre wired with a duel drop it should work.

On a side note. I am using DISH with two receivers. In order for my second (bedroom) receiver to see all three sats I had to run the check switch function from the front or primary drop. Once it saw all the sats I moved it to the rear. I would gladly give up my in-motion for a 3 LNB Traveler .
Old 10-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Fun View Post
We've had our new 2015 Bay Star 3402 a few weeks. I am unable to get a satellite signal to the rear TV. I pulled the rear TV down and checked the HDMI cable and found it was securely plugged in. The rear TV worked fine in the DVD and off air modes. (The front TV working fine in all 3 modes.) So I took a look up front to see if the HDMI cable had come loss from the splitter amp and found no HDMI cable. I found the cable that goes to the main TV and the cable going to the external TV hook up but no cable for the rear TV. Has anyone heard of this problem before?

There is no HDMI cable from the front to rear on Newmars.

Many special order one when building a coach. I use a wireless HDMI setup to get my single sat dish to the rear.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
There is no HDMI cable from the front to rear on Newmars.

Many special order one when building a coach. I use a wireless HDMI setup to get my single sat dish to the rear.

Would u have a possible link to a pic of what this device would look like?
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
There are several Threads on this dilemma. I have run a HDMI from the read bedroom TV to the Front AV cabinet. I used a cheap Wireless and was unhappy with it.

Some have used Wireless to get the signal to the back. This one is pretty a better model.
IOGEAR Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver Kit - Walmart.com
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #7

Thanks for the responses. When I pulled the rear TV down I found an HDMI cable plugged into the TV input designated for the sat signal.
that cable exited a hole in the wall along with the power wires for the DC lights. I assumed that cable was coming from the front. I'll pull the TV down again and see if the cable has a connector on it and was inserted into the wrong hole. I'm going to check it right now. I'll let you all know. (or as my wife would say "let ya'll know)
Old 10-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #8

You are absolutely correct. I didn't even have to take the TV down. When I saw the female HDMI connector on the wall in the cabinet with the DVD player I knew where the cable went to. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #9
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
[/COLOR][/B]
Would u have a possible link to a pic of what this device would look like?

Check out my post in this thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/weir...ml#post2521681

I describe the I/O Gear unit I use and my wiring diagram later in the same thread.

I am very happy with the I/O Gear wireless HDMI unit.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #10
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
Check out my post in this thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/weir...ml#post2521681

I describe the I/O Gear unit I use and my wiring diagram later in the same thread.

I am very happy with the I/O Gear wireless HDMI unit.

Thank you.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:25 AM   #11

I installed the "Nyrius ARIES Home". It works great. Thanks

Old 10-31-2015, 03:40 AM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I bought the IOGear mentioned above and it gives a great picture.....but there is one issue. I wanted to plug it into my HDMI splitter up front so I could see everything my front TV's see, but it won't work with a splitter. It still works for what I wanted, satellite to the bedroom on occasion.....I just pull the sat HDMI cable from he splitter (right out in front) and plug it into the IOGear.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:04 PM   #13

The cool thing on the IOGear setup is several fold, 1 it actually is an IR Repeater from the rear to the front so you can control the box from the aback, and 2) the rear is powered by 5 volt USB so if your rear TV is like mine and has a USB port on it you can plug it in there to get power. I just hung the box on the back of the TV in my BAy Star and it gets a strong enough signal off the bounce from the window or the shade to work no problem, I didn't have to mount the IR Window where I could see it!
Old 11-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #14
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I bought the IOGear mentioned above and it gives a great picture.....but there is one issue. I wanted to plug it into my HDMI splitter up front so I could see everything my front TV's see, but it won't work with a splitter. It still works for what I wanted, satellite to the bedroom on occasion.....I just pull the sat HDMI cable from he splitter (right out in front) and plug it into the IOGear.

I'm a bit confused how you were attempting to use the io gear with the Newmar supplied splitters.

I take the feed from the out of the sat HDMI splitter that was headed to the overhead tv and go into the io gear. I use the hdmi thru on the io gear to continue to the overhead tv. All this stays hooked up all the time. So in effect the sat HDMI splitter "splits" wired to overhead tv, living room tv, exterior tv and wirelessly to bedroom tv.