RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2020, 03:10 PM   #1

Mobile NewMar Tech A.K.A. NewServ

Needed a couple windows replaced and a slide adjusted. Called NewMar since we are on the road full-time and staying presently in Central Florida. Learned that since January NewMar has been establishing a new network of certified Tech's working soon to be throughout the U.S..This will all take time but, today I used the first trained tech here in central Florida.

The process is to call NewMar at 1-800-731-8300 for service. Set up a warranty or retail service call request and schedule a date. Certified Tech will arrive (no service fee) replace or repair for item and be on their way. NewMar will then Bill you direct or can call you at what time you can pay over the phone or request the invoice which you can submit in due time.

Fees are nominal at $140.00/Hr labor plus parts

Today our Newmar was repaired with a pair of windows that had fogged, a leaky slide all in less than an hour. I never left the campground, unhooked sewer or water. All the work was done while the wife cooked breakfast...Great service, given them a try especially here in central Florida. This techs coverage area is from North Florida line over near Tallahassee, down to just north of Miami over to Naples/Venice.

Hwy Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Thumbs up

This is great news! We've used mobile techs a couple times in FL. Both times we lucked out with really competent, honest people. I would be more confident using a Newmar certified tech. Thanks for the information.

nseaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy Junky View Post
Is this only "working" time or do they charge for travel time as well?
2016 Chevy Silverado 4x4
NCC-1701A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy Junky View Post
Needed a couple windows replaced and a slide adjusted. Called NewMar since we are on the road full-time and staying presently in Central Florida. Learned that since January NewMar has been establishing a new network of certified Tech's working soon to be throughout the U.S..This will all take time but, today I used the first trained tech here in central Florida.

The process is to call NewMar at 1-800-731-8300 for service. Set up a warranty or retail service call request and schedule a date. Certified Tech will arrive (no service fee) replace or repair for item and be on their way. NewMar will then Bill you direct or can call you at what time you can pay over the phone or request the invoice which you can submit in due time.

Today our Newmar was repaired with a pair of windows that had fogged, a leaky slide all in less than an hour. I never left the campground, unhooked sewer or water. All the work was done while the wife cooked breakfast...Great service, given them a try especially here in central Florida. This techs coverage area is from North Florida line over near Tallahassee, down to just north of Miami over to Naples/Venice.
Thanks for that information, just what I wanted to know. I live in Wellington, FL and would love to have them do my service work. And like I said in the other thread, their price per hour is realistic. I pay $150 for where I have my current service work done. The convenience along is worth their very reasonable pricing.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:34 AM   #5

No Travel time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701A View Post
Is this only "working" time or do they charge for travel time as well?
There is no travel charge associated with the bill. I just paid my bill this morning via phone thru NewMar Parts Manager. Simple straight $140/hr. You gota try these guys.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #6

Yes we used the mobile mechanic, he was really good. They currently have one person
that covers the whole state of Florida. Where can we find out if they currently have mobile mechanics in other states?
Old 06-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #7

Extended Service Contract and Newmar Service

Do you know if NewServ (or Newmar Service in Nappanee) will work with an extended service contract? Our contract requires the tech to contact the warranty company after diagnosing the problem and then get approval for parts and labor. Some mobile techs accept direct payment from the warranty company and the others get payment from me and the warranty company sends me a check for reimbursement (all subject to deductibles and other contract stipulations). As you can imagine, significant time (15 minutes to one hour) can be spent on the phone with the warranty company and the tech.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerwoman View Post
Yes we used the mobile mechanic, he was really good. They currently have one person
that covers the whole state of Florida. Where can we find out if they currently have mobile mechanics in other states?
I called today and was told that "MARK," was the only tech so far and he was listed for Florida. Also they don't do regular maintenance items such as changing oil because of no place to dump the used oil. As far as warranty work from a third party is a good question. Just call 1-800-731-8300 and ask them once they connect you to that division. I stated to them that there are places to dump used oil around the state, like a recycle building very near where I live. They stated they were having a meeting today on these subjects so you never know.

I told them that there would be lots of folks that would utilize their services, just for the convenience sake alone. Where I keep my coach there are 4 other Newmar DP's that I'm sure would utilize their services!
Old 06-05-2020, 07:05 AM   #9

Newmar Mobile Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerwoman View Post
Call Newmar customer service directly.

Tags
newmar