RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2018, 09:27 PM   #1

''Monitor'' has dropped one of my ''black tank'' read-outs

I have 2 black tanks. #1 and #2. The read-outs usually show ''black tank #1 (empty)'' and ''black tank #2 (1/3, or so), since I only use the #2 tank.

Checked the monitor today and the screen has defaulted, or something, maybe to a factory setting. The reading now displays ''black tank'' -- with no percentage or which tank.

Is there a code to toggle back to my original settings? Not sure why this has happened.

(Yesterday, I hooked up my CS to a 110v outlet for temporary storage (to run the fridge). Could this be effecting the electrical somehow?)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2018, 09:17 PM   #2

Leland I don't think it has anything to do with hooking up to a 110 outlet. I keep mine plugged in at the house 24/7 and have never had that issue. On ours the switch just says one or two, and the read out just shows 1/3 ect. as you switch back and forth with the switch. I would think that maybe it's just the switch went bad. I don't know of any way to reset it. You might just try shutting all the power off, including the main switch, for a minute or so and then trying it again. Good luck.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Leland I don't think it has anything to do with hooking up to a 110 outlet. I keep mine plugged in at the house 24/7 and have never had that issue. On ours the switch just says one or two, and the read out just shows 1/3 ect. as you switch back and forth with the switch. I would think that maybe it's just the switch went bad. I don't know of any way to reset it. You might just try shutting all the power off, including the main switch, for a minute or so and then trying it again. Good luck.
My monitor has always shown 2 readings at the same time: black tank #1 and black tank #2.

Found a link (http://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/...e-Shooting.pdf) that shows how to default to the factory setting. Directions will be at the bottom of the link.

And yes think I"ll cut power totally, then reconnect using the generator. Then try resetting the monitor with instructions from the link. Not sure why my monitor has a different read-out than other CS's. Thanks Mike.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #4

Leland, my panel is exactly like the one in the link you sent. The switch to the right of the panel changes the reading back/forth for the two tanks, but only shows one reading at a time. You must have a newer version. I would try the shutdown and if that doesn't work give Mike( at Tom's) a call, he might be able to help.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank