RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #15

I purchased my 2016 DS new and it came with 2 spare tiles but I now have 3 broken tiles.

Keith
RetireeKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2019, 06:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeKeith View Post
I purchased my 2016 DS new and it came with 2 spare tiles but I now have 3 broken tiles.

Keith
ah, ok....i got 4 or 5.....

surprised you didn't get more...

sorry to hear it....

i am sure they can come close...
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:15 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
My guess..... he made that statement because he wanted you to buy the older DS with the carpet. ....
They're trying to move it. If you're referring to RCD, don't let 'em pressure you. That's a 2015 house on a 2016 chassis & I wouldn't pay the 2016 price for it.

Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #18

2016 Mountain Aire Tile Cracking Problem

I bought a 2016 Mountain Aire 45ft. with the new HWH full-wall slide. I have tile cracking problems in 3 places. Both the front and rear corner tiles (closest to center of coach) have completely fell apart with multiple cracks and I also see a long crack on the left front side of the refrigerator. This crack is aprox 18" long. The front and rear corner tiles are really bad. The only thing I can guess is the slide is flexing on those corners to the extent that the tiles are falling apart.
Marco92264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #19

I have a 2019 London Aire and it is most definitely a problem. The floor is sagging on some where the refrigerator sits and causing the tiles to crack, I know because National Indoor RV just reinforced the floor and replace 3 tiles in front of the Refer and pantry.

They remove the refrigerator and pantry walls, install reinforcement angle iron on the floor then line the inner walls of the pantry and outer wall between the refrigerator and dinette with structural plywood.

There is also a problem on some with the ceiling sagging. They go in and reinforce the header with a steel plate that runs the length of the header from the bedroom wall to the front slide wall. They notch out the header and install a steel plate, again it was done to mine.

Here are some pics of the repairs, unfortunately I did not get a pic of the plate before they started to reinstall the header trim. This all was done last week on my 2019 London Aire and National Indoor RV did a great job.

I will say I would not let this deter you from buying a newer model with the tiled slide. It is very fixable and who knows why, not every one does it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Reinforcment.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	301499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Header.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	301500  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plate.jpg