Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2018, 10:32 PM   #1

Mountain Aire 4553

I am looking at purchasing a Mountain Aire. Lots of nice floor plans. I'm very close to deciding on 4553. Would love to hear from 4553 owners and hear what you like about your plan and if you have any regrets. Thanks.
AZ_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2018, 03:34 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What year are you looking at?

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Bob View Post
I am looking at purchasing a Mountain Aire. Lots of nice floor plans. I'm very close to deciding on 4553. Would love to hear from 4553 owners and hear what you like about your plan and if you have any regrets. Thanks.
We have a 4553 LADP with two recliners, credenza/fireplace, and booth dinette. We like having the washer/dryer in the back for keeping the noise down in the lounge area. Keeps the front open and has plenty of room with slides pulled in.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the Newmar forum and irv2.
Here is a link to help you around irv2.
This link important to Newmar owners, by usinf the TSB Link you can find all brochures, owners guides and all tsb's related to what ever coach your interested in.
COM_NET instructions will give you what ever was installed in coach as to options , materials used by inputing the VIN# or build number of coach.
All the links below in my signature have answers for some problems some coach's had or you can use the Newmar search engine for questions you may want answered.
Good luck in your quest for your Newmar.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #5

We thought we wanted a 4553 as well, and decided a 4531 was a better choice for us. For me, I would gladly give up the linen closet for a bigger shower. We actually also went with the sofa option instead of the recliners and just had 2 custom ottomans made and I'm glad we did. I find it to be more comfortable that way and we have an option now to actually stretch out on a full length couch. Plus it houses a nice queen-sized hide-a-bed.

I do believe the 4553 is the most popular floor plan though.

Best of luck with your search - no matter what floorplan you decide on you will love your MA!
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSteve View Post
What year are you looking at?

FLSteve
Thinking of a new 2019.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
We have a 4553 LADP with two recliners, credenza/fireplace, and booth dinette. We like having the washer/dryer in the back for keeping the noise down in the lounge area. Keeps the front open and has plenty of room with slides pulled in.
Sounds like a nice setup. I like the additional floor space of the 4553 in the main bathroom between the linen closet and Washer Dryer in front of the rear wardrobe. I will be traveling with a cat who has a robotic litter box. Planning to put it outside the washer dryer doors and move it when I use the washer/dryer.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post
We thought we wanted a 4553 as well, and decided a 4531 was a better choice for us. For me, I would gladly give up the linen closet for a bigger shower. We actually also went with the sofa option instead of the recliners and just had 2 custom ottomans made and I'm glad we did. I find it to be more comfortable that way and we have an option now to actually stretch out on a full length couch. Plus it houses a nice queen-sized hide-a-bed.

I do believe the 4553 is the most popular floor plan though.

Best of luck with your search - no matter what floorplan you decide on you will love your MA!
I was thinking of the 2 recliners but like the idea of having a large sofa to lay down on that turns into a queen size bed. I am a single man and will be using the coach for a summer getaway. I have a cat named Charlie and plan to put his robotic litter box in front of the washer dryer cabinet in front of the rear wardrobe. It is quite large standing 30inche tall and 24 1/2 inches wide. I though about putting it sideways in the rear wardrobe but that is not wide enough. I also like the larger shower but need the extra floor space for Charlie's litter box. That's why I'm going with the 4553 instead of the 4531. I considered the 4579 with the walk in closet as a solution for the litter box but it does not have a large enough floor space. I'd have to put it on top of the raised area which would not work as well. Also not enough ventilation back there.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:54 PM   #9

I am looking at a used 2015 model year 4553.

I cant seem to find a y pictures, floor plans depicting or discussions regarding the kitchen area...in particular...is there any kind of hidden pull out cabinet that increases the amount of countertop work space?

The pictures of the coach i am interested in just doesnt show anything and there doesnt seem to be ANY countertop prep space for cooking
Old 08-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #10

A 2015 MA and LA and Essex wouldn't have the STAR foundation, would have carpet on the full wall slide and also won't have the HWH big slide Hyd. power for slide. These would be items we would consider important. 16 or newer would be a better choice.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air