Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2020, 09:01 AM   #1

Multiplex help

2008 Essex. Looking for info on proper settings. If I'm hooked up to 50a I assume I should set " manage " at 50a as first picture shows?
The 2nd picture, shore power: 50a again if I'm on 50a?
How about the search watts? What is that setting for and what is the proper setting for it? One last thing, what is the v3.2 on second picture? Please explain. Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4311.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	275391Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4312.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	275392
Vacationfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2020, 06:13 PM   #2

What you are calling a multiplex is better known as e-plex (or eplex).

If you are hooked up to 50A, then you should be set to manage 50A. This will disable EMS. EMS will shed devices automatically to prevent the main breaker outside from tripping. This setting is most useful when your shore power is less than 50A.

I never figured out the search watts stuff (or I have forgotten). The v3.2 probably refers to a software version. There is e-plex documentation that might detail that.

My coach had an eplex system. But eplex is obsolete and dying. I have been eplex free for about 2 years.

I recommend you learn more about your eplex system by searching this very forum. This will be helpful when your eplex system starts failing.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
What you are calling a multiplex is better known as e-plex (or eplex).

If you are hooked up to 50A, then you should be set to manage 50A. This will disable EMS. EMS will shed devices automatically to prevent the main breaker outside from tripping. This setting is most useful when your shore power is less than 50A.

I never figured out the search watts stuff (or I have forgotten). The v3.2 probably refers to a software version. There is e-plex documentation that might detail that.

My coach had an eplex system. But eplex is obsolete and dying. I have been eplex free for about 2 years.

I recommend you learn more about your eplex system by searching this very forum. This will be helpful when your eplex system starts failing.

I have heard your very statement about the eplex. What did you do and was it expense?
Vacationfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:11 AM   #4

Expensive depends upon how much you can do yourself. I did all the work myself and off hand think I spent less than $1000 for all important functionality except the generator auto start.

I have posted extensively about my eplex efforts. You can review those posts as necessary.

A quick summary is to
1. move the AC controller to a dometic 5 button controller - easy
2. install remote AC sensors (cables) - mild effort
3. Install the original inverter controller (Magnum ARC50) - easy
4. Install new tank monitor (SeeLevel) - mild effort
5. rework the circuit controlling the water pump -hard