Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2021, 07:02 PM   #1

My Maytag frig quit dispensing water

Turned on the water pump this afternoon, got couple cups of water at the Maytag frig, then the water began to sputter 2 or 3 times like the water pump was going on/off, then just quit dispensing water completely. I can hear something hum and come on/off when I push/release the water lever but no water comes out any more. Checked the kitchen faucet to be sure the water pump was working and it was.

Any thoughts on why the frig just quit dispensing water? I haven't installed the new filter in the frig yet and the plug is still in place. Surely that doesn;t have anything to do with it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #2

Water valve not working. Solenoid operated, so check wires to valve, usually just two wires. Use volt meter to see if it gets power while someone presses water dispenser actuator. If power, then valve is bad.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:35 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When was the last time you changed the filter? Did you turn the valve off during winterizing?
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 07:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
When was the last time you changed the filter? Did you turn the valve off during winterizing?

I put in a new filter starting every year's camping. Due to pandemic the new filter is still laying on the counter and the plug is still in place where the filter goes. The outside valve just above the Oasis unit was never turned off last fall during winterization. Got plenty of water out of the side door during de-winterization.

Where is this valve and solenoid located that I need to check the voltage?
Old 07-22-2021, 05:01 AM   #5

I have a dumb question. Was your reefer slide in or out? I had the same symptom as you with the slide in.
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer0624 View Post
I have a dumb question. Was your reefer slide in or out? I had the same symptom as you with the slide in.

The FWS is in the in position. I winterized last fall and de-winterized this spring pumping antifreeze first then clearing the antifreeze out with everything in this position. The coach has set for couple months after santizing water system in April, so was just pumping some more clean house hydrant water thru everything yesterday when the frig water supply filled a couple of glasses of water then quit.

Sure hope this is all that it will take to get it back to working, especially after just having to replace the Oasis Summer Loop pump to get hot water and replacing the Trav'ler dish cable on the roof to get satellite TV (which contributed to causing the cancellation of my June reservation). This problem may affect our 2 weeks in September, which so far has been all we can get.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #7

I assume from the sound I'm hearing when trying to get water that if the valve or selonoid has to be replaced it will require pulling out the frig into the isle? Which will eliminate my DIYS project. And the last I checked with my dealer he was taking orders for September work. And the mobil service repairman I attempted to get for replacing the Oasis pump never returned my calls after I told him what it took to reach the pump.

Not having very good luck getting repairs done, and the Newmar coaches seem to be requiring lots of repairs. And with reports on DEF and windshield curtain problems looks like I'm possibly facing more trouble.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:32 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I assume from the sound I'm hearing when trying to get water that if the valve or selonoid has to be replaced it will require pulling out the frig into the isle? Which will eliminate my DIYS project. And the last I checked with my dealer he was taking orders for September work. And the mobil service repairman I attempted to get for replacing the Oasis pump never returned my calls after I told him what it took to reach the pump.

Not having very good luck getting repairs done, and the Newmar coaches seem to be requiring lots of repairs. And with reports on DEF and windshield curtain problems looks like I'm possibly facing more trouble.
Can you take a picture of the inside of your fridge and post it here? If it's like mine you can replace the valve without removing the fridge. Very easy to do!
The right inside side or the full inside pic will do.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDet...312696/1876389
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:43 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Since I don't winterize, I never seen or installed the plug in the filter mount, does it pass water without a filter installed?
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar411 View Post
Can you take a picture of the inside of your fridge and post it here? If it's like mine you can replace the valve without removing the fridge. Very easy to do!
The right inside side or the full inside pic will do.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDet...312696/1876389

I can take any pictures, and send them to a cell phone like I do text messages. But I've never been able to accompolish the task of getting pictures to the Forum. Technology has left me way way back in the dust.
Appreciate the above Link.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:52 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I can take any pictures, and send them to a cell phone like I do text messages. But I've never been able to accompolish the task of getting pictures to the Forum. Technology has left me way way back in the dust.
Appreciate the above Link.
sending you a PM now
Old 07-22-2021, 08:00 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Since I don't winterize, I never seen or installed the plug in the filter mount, does it pass water without a filter installed?

Don,

If his is like my Maytag, same year and model coach, it will allow full water flow with the bypass plug in or with a good filter. Mine quit making ice and was told that it was the water inlet valve. Purchased it and changed it out and no go. Bought a new ice maker and after changing it out, it worked. The water inlet valve is two valves, one for the ice maker and one for the water dispenser.

My guess is Wagonmaster2 either has a very low water pressure, a restricted water line or a bad water inlet valve. Or, some other bypass plug that doesn't belong with that Fridge.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:06 PM   #13

Water valves are almost always at back of refrig. near the bottom. Take the back cover of and you will see it with a wire plug and usually two 1/4" opaque tubes connected to it. Really easy to replace once back is off. Some refrigs. do not even require the back to be removed as they do not have one down low.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:12 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGHRIDER3 View Post
Water valves are almost always at back of refrig. near the bottom. Take the back cover of and you will see it with a wire plug and usually two 1/4" opaque tubes connected to it. Really easy to replace once back is off. Some refrigs. do not even require the back to be removed as they do not have one down low.
If the OP has the same one that I have, it's replaced very easily from inside the fridge. I'm including a youtube video to show how it's done. Again, that is all good if his is like my Maytag which is used in the same year, make and model of coach he has.

Tags
water