RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2020, 03:30 PM   #1

My Rosie

Does 2020 London Aire have My Rosie standard. If so does anyone no how to find it on SilverLeaf Screen
drdonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Since our 2018 New Aire has it, I would assume a 2020 London Aire would have it standard as well, but it needs an internet connection, so unless you have something like the WiFiRanger set up, I'm not sure if it will connect out. At least on ours, there is no screen per say on the SilverLeaf, only find it on the "features" sub-screen. It connects to your coach internet via WiFi or hard wire. I'm not in the coach right now, but one works better than the other and is more stable, but can't remember which rat the moment.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:43 AM   #3

My Rozie

You do need an internet connection. However SilverLeaf has been having problems with users logging on to Myrozie. Is it back up and running?
Old 12-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdonny View Post
Does 2020 London Aire have My Rosie standard. If so does anyone no how to find it on SilverLeaf Screen
It was not standard and I contacted Silverleaf and upgraded my LA. If you have it, when you go into your Features icon from the home screen the first thing will be the Rozie set up icon. Silverleaf sold me the module and wiring harness, it was about $520. Very easy install a little more of a challenge getting it set up but SL walks you through it. Oh, another way to tell if you have it, on your home screen you will have a lock icon for the doors and a camera icon.
sramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sramer View Post
Oh, another way to tell if you have it, on your home screen you will have a lock icon for the doors and a camera icon.

Having the lock button on the SL home screen doesn’t mean that you have Rozie. I reconfigured my panel to enable the lock capability on the SL panel. I do not have Rozie.
flyboy013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
Having the lock button on the SL home screen doesn’t mean that you have Rozie. I reconfigured my panel to enable the lock capability on the SL panel. I do not have Rozie.
Can you give us some info as to the procedure to do this?
Turbo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo36 View Post
Can you give us some info as to the procedure to do this?
It has been sometime since I configured it. I had thought I had gone into the Silverleaf advanced menu and changed the keyboard setting, but I just checked and saw that it was still set to 0. I do have the "Trimark Locks" setting set to Door & Cargo (Features -> Monitor Configuration -> Page 11 of 15). Changing this setting just now did make the Locks button disappear from the SL home screen, so that may have been the setting I changed to enable it in the first place.
flyboy013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
It has been sometime since I configured it. I had thought I had gone into the Silverleaf advanced menu and changed the keyboard setting, but I just checked and saw that it was still set to 0. I do have the "Trimark Locks" setting set to Door & Cargo (Features -> Monitor Configuration -> Page 11 of 15). Changing this setting just now did make the Locks button disappear from the SL home screen, so that may have been the setting I changed to enable it in the first place.

I appreciate the info, when I get my module I will try this.

thanks, Bob
Old 01-25-2021, 01:15 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Turbo36, I have a 2021 London Aire 4579 on order and was wondering if the 2021 does indeed come with my Rosie. Can you confirm?

I placed my order with NIRVC Lewisville, TX, on December 15 and do not have a delivery date yet. As I have never actually seen a LA in person, I am so ready to confirm some details with my own eyes. As a side question, did you do factory pickup or at the dealer?
JBMSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMSJ View Post
Turbo36, I have a 2021 London Aire 4579 on order and was wondering if the 2021 does indeed come with my Rosie. Can you confirm?

I placed my order with NIRVC Lewisville, TX, on December 15 and do not have a delivery date yet. As I have never actually seen a LA in person, I am so ready to confirm some details with my own eyes. As a side question, did you do factory pickup or at the dealer?
I bought my LA new and did a dealer delivery but if I were to do it again I would do a factory delivery. If my understanding of the program is correct, you are assigned a delivery tech and you can have problems fixed while there. I would schedule 5 days to stay in the coach, go through everything and have any problems fixed on the spot.
sramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:35 AM   #11

Quote:

Good Morning, I can confirm that the LA does not come with "My Rozie" as a standard item. I ordered it directly from Silver Leaf and will install it when we get our coach out of storage in 7 weeks.

We ordered our coach and picked it up from our local Michigan dealer. We got a 4-5 hour orientation and were sent on our way, I do not think this near enough time for a "first time" buyer. Had I known how limited and error prone the owners manuals are I would have opted for the factory delivery option as a first time buyer. Someone with previous Class A RV experience probably doesn't need the factory delivery.

I am only 2 hours from the Newmar Factory so if I have any major problems the dealer can't fix I will drop it of at the factory for repair.

I would suggest getting a commitment from your dealer to spend two full days going over the coach with you if needed. The first day have them show you how everything works and then have them observe you doing the procedures it 2-3 times. Take lot's of Notes! Do an inspection and start a "punch list" of things that need repair or adjustment. Don't push them too hard the first day just build the list.

After the first day take the coach to a close (100-200 miles away) RV park and camp out for a couple of days. Again, take lot's of notes as to perceived or real problems stay calm and unemotional, things will go wrong, don't sweat it. This little stay will test your knowledge and give you some time to determine if the things on your punch list are really problems or not. Operator error is very common using the things.

After your first camp out return the coach to the dealer and go over your punch list and your camping notes with the dealer. Have them give you a refresher course and again observe you performing the procedures.

I did not buy my coach from NIRV but I am having it serviced and stored at their Atlanta location. So far I am impressed, very professional and highly skilled. You should have no worries with them. Good people.

Bob
Old 01-26-2021, 04:25 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
2021 Delivery

Thanks for the information Sramer and Turbo36. I spoke with my sales person today at NIRVC and she told me it was looking like June for the offline date. When I asked about changing to factory delivery, she said Newmar was advising to add on six weeks. Wow, I was thinking 3 or 4 weeks extra. I think I still want to CPU at Newmar, but will have to confirm $ and time with the DW.

I plan to order My Rose in advance, so I really appreciate the confirmation it is not included.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo36 View Post
"Had I known how limited and error prone the owners manuals are...."
I am not sure if you are talking about the document titled "2021 London Aire Owner’s Guide", but I read all 204 pages of the PDF and not only did I notice ~15 grammatical errors, but also found it generally superficial, redundant in many places, and not at all clear as to which components are actually in the 2021 London Aire. For example, there are 5 1/2 pages related to electric slides (I don't think these are on the London Aire) and another 5 pages related to the HWH slides. The HWH section had pictures of the Dutch Star and King Aire (which were different than the London Aire picture.)

Yes, I understand that Newmar probably just cut and lifted this material from other places and that Newgle may have additional information, but my expectation is that a London Aire Owners Guide should not include items that are neither standard or optional equipment.
Jamie
Old 01-27-2021, 08:08 AM   #14

Quote:
I am not sure if you are talking about the document titled "2021 London Aire Owner’s Guide", but I read all 204 pages of the PDF and not only did I notice ~15 grammatical errors, but also found it generally superficial, redundant in many places, and not at all clear as to which components are actually in the 2021 London Aire. For example, there are 5 1/2 pages related to electric slides (I don't think these are on the London Aire) and another 5 pages related to the HWH slides. The HWH section had pictures of the Dutch Star and King Aire (which were different than the London Aire picture.)

Yes, I understand that Newmar probably just cut and lifted this material from other places and that Newgle may have additional information, but my expectation is that a London Aire Owners Guide should not include items that are neither standard or optional equipment.
Jamie

Yes, the owners guide is very bad. Our delivery tech said "Google will be you friend"!

Some of your slides will be electric, our coach is a 4551 model so the kitchen and bedroom slides are electric.

In addition the the owners guide you will receive a briefcase of individual manufactures documents for many (but not all!) of the main components such as the appliances, plumbing fixtures, etc.etc.. Keep in mind some of these are brief and may not be applicable to your coach.

In the rear closet of the coach will be the "build sheet", it will detail the make and model of all the components in the coach. I used this list to check to see if I had a factory manual in the "brief case" if not I went out on the net and got one. I had to contact some of the manufactures directly to get the correct and current manuals. I am building a folder on "Dropbox" that will contain the manuals that I got online or were sent to me electronically. I will also put it on a USB drive to keep in the coach.

After your dealer registers your VIN with Spartan they will send you a packet by mail with a PDF manual on a USB drive.

The drivers side window will have a sticker with 24 hour contact info for the London Aire Representative. You may have to leave a message but generally they will call back in 1-2 hours. Email response has been spotty. When I got my coach 6 out of the 10 CS reps were out due to Covid and the rest were working from home. At that time Newmar's computer/phone system did not work well for remote access so it was very frustrating. I am told they have a new and improved system now. Newmar Customer Service is pretty good when things are normal, one time I asked the rep a question he could not answer so he put me on hold and walked out to the production line to get the correct info!

This was my first RV so I was a bit naive of the process, my initial expectations were not realistic. The culture from what I can tell is that it is normal and expected that you call the dealer or factory on a regular basis to get educated. I don't tell people what my work background is anymore because when I did they would immediately "cop attitude" and mark me as a difficult customer. I just play dumb and ask lot's of questions.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Bob