Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #1

Nappanee in first half of November - How is the weather?

Due to def head failure, my trip to Nappanee this weekend is in doubt. The next available slot is November 1st, for 7 work days.

So, traveling up from Arkansas the last couple days of October, and then I would probably travel back via Jeep on the 10th, spend the night of the 10th to check everything out, and if I have any problems, hope they deal with it on the 11th, and/or head back home on the 11th/12th (two days to get home).

Is cold weather a concern that time of year? Will campground water still be on? What about likelihood of snow disrupting travel? I'm hoping that's still early enough that odds are against any winter storms, but I'm not familiar with northern Indiana.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2021, 03:56 PM   #2

I wouldn’t worry too much about the weather. It’s possible that this area could get an early snow, but generally it’s not too much and would melt quickly. We frequently go by there every Thanksgiving and have only had 1 or 2 that have had snow.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Due to def head failure, my trip to Nappanee this weekend is in doubt. The next available slot is November 1st, for 7 work days.

So, traveling up from Arkansas the last couple days of October, and then I would probably travel back via Jeep on the 10th, spend the night of the 10th to check everything out, and if I have any problems, hope they deal with it on the 11th, and/or head back home on the 11th/12th (two days to get home).

Is cold weather a concern that time of year? Will campground water still be on? What about likelihood of snow disrupting travel? I'm hoping that's still early enough that odds are against any winter storms, but I'm not familiar with northern Indiana.

Snow will be unlikely and if it does snow it won’t stay around long. Most campgrounds will have their water shut off by then; I’m not sure what Newmar does with water at their place. Safe travels to Indiana.
Hoosier14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:40 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We were there last November, it was cold. All the campgrounds north of St.Louis had cut off the water. That included Newmar in Nappanee. They have water available at the service facility so you can fill your tank. Or your service tech will add it, if you ask him.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:36 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have a similar situation, due to a DEF head failure we had to cancel our Nappanee appointment. We now have Nov 29th - right after the Thanksgiving weekend!

We used to live in that part of the country and would always be back and forth for sporting events with the kids, including towing horse trailers. The weather can be hit or miss - there's occasionally an early snow, but it melts pretty quickly. The bigger issue is icy roads, but it clears if you travel a bit later in the day. There are also some great late fall days, so make sure you bring warm clothes and enjoy!
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post

We are doing our factory pickup starting on the 1st. We were told snow shouldn't be a problem. Didn't think to ask about water. I'm going to assume that they will either have it on or fill our tanks for us.