Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2022, 01:20 PM   #1

Nappanee, Indiana - Newmar

I'm hearing that the service center at Newmar is scheduling out new appts for 11+ months. I was wondering if anyone knows of any former Newmar techs that have set up shop near Nappanee that work on DS.

Thanks!
HartCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2022, 01:46 PM   #2

If they haven't they should. Having owned a 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus for a number of years, I can tell you there are numerous highly-qualified technicians running their own businesses in & around Red Bay, Alabama.

And all of them are staying just about as busy as they can stand.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:52 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Jim 75
Hi, Last year I had a slide mtr. break. Called Newmar, Wait was 5 Mos. They told me about a local repair shop that they sent people to, said they due excellent work. "Custom RV Repair". 3100 Co Rd Elkhart In. 574-333-3518

I left a very happy camper Jim75
Jim 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 75 View Post
Hi, Last year I had a slide mtr. break. Called Newmar, Wait was 5 Mos. They told me about a local repair shop that they sent people to, said they due excellent work. "Custom RV Repair". 3100 Co Rd Elkhart In. 574-333-3518

I left a very happy camper Jim75
I can confirm "Custom RV Repair". They helped me out last year with a bad transfer switch. I was on a trip and had to detour 1200 miles to get to them, but they had me on the road in about 4 hours. Since they do so much work with and for Newmar they knew all the hurtles to get the work completed under warranty. Give them a call, you won't be dissapointed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lrwinddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 03:11 PM   #5

Depends where you are located. Newmar has a mobile tech in central FL. Also they send their techs to the NKK rallies, like Tampa RV Supershow. I think the last one I was at they sent 32 techs down from the mothership. They can't do the heavy duty stuff like removing slides, paint, etc but they knock out a lot of the warrantee stuff.
They even worked on my old coach at a reduced rate.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:46 PM   #6

We just checked and they were making appt. for December.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:02 PM   #7

My brand new Ventana has been there since April 29th

They sent it to Truck Centers Inc 10 days ago to get the chases AC fixed and still there. Ive spoken to them and since its been there they also did 2 recalls and now have a bunch of other problems with it(check engine light, low voltage light and a few others) Still haven't gotten to the AC yet. Well actually they said it was working great....total BS since it doesn't. And it still has to go on their alignment rack to try to straighten the steering wheel out

Then when it gets back to Newmar they still have more work to get done.

Not sure when and if I will ever get the coach back
YANKEES31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:43 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nappanee Service

Bryan at Custom RV did right by us

2014 Essex 4544
2010 Ford Taurus SHO toad
ScratchGolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 04:35 PM   #9

Showalter RV in Nappanee

Showalter RV in Nappanee did some work for us and we were very happy. When we were there, they had some former Newmar employees working for them. The owners of Showalter's have been to several HOOTS rallies and are a very nice couple.

https://www.showalterrv.com
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar