Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2021, 07:24 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
NE Florida storage places

Hi, we will be moving to Fernandina Beach, FL in few months, and will be looking for RV storage for our MH. Preferably indoor storage. We've looked, but only seen outdoor at UHaul places in the immediate area.

Does anyone know of good storage places with pricing in this area or Jacksonville area?

Thank You,
Bowl300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2021, 12:16 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
As a suggestion, why not look at a new home with an "RV" garage, and eliminate storage costs; as well as keep it inside!

I had a home built in St. Augustine, with an RV garage! Best move I ever made!

Good Luck!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:18 AM   #3

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber Jaw View Post
As a suggestion, why not look at a new home with an "RV" garage, and eliminate storage costs; as well as keep it inside!

I had a home built in St. Augustine, with an RV garage! Best move I ever made!

Good Luck!

Jabber did you buy off 16A. I ride down that road and saw the homes with RV garages
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:02 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jabber Jaw,
Congrats on your RV home!
We looked at the Richmond homes last December, and even started contracting one. But being a sellers market, the prices were rising every week. By the time we got done with the home price, options, lot price, and pay off the CDD...we felt it was straining our reserves without going into retirement funds.

We are building at Sandy Pointe Preserve. However, we’ve gotten 2 price increases before even breaking ground! With that said, we are kicking ourselves for not reconsidering those RV homes! But we are still loving the home and area where we are building.

Good Luck...we’ll be almost neighbors.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:57 PM   #5

long time resident here

Hi Bowl300!

I am not familiar with any locations here that offers indoor storage large enough to accommodate an RV. Probably would need to look in Jacksonville or look into some un-conventional locations like an airplane hanger or warehouse space.

Also, if you do settle for the typical lot storage. you may want to consider a storage location that is not on Amelia Island. A barrier island is subject to increased possibilities for damage in hurricane season and may be even un-accessible with evacuation orders issued pre storm or post storm during cleanup and restoration. AIA Stow-A-Way Storage on David Hallman Parkway and Southeastern RV & Boat Storage on Gene Lasserre Blvd are both off the island and closer to your new home in Sandy Pointe than U-Haul on Amelia Is.

Feel free to try the private message thing. We are neighbors! When you visit your construction site, be sure and stop by if there is something I can help you with.

Welcome to Florida. Good Luck!!!
myfirstford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:16 AM   #6

If you have a few dollars, you can look for an industrial condo. I had one in NY and when I sold it I made back every penny I spent on monthly costs +.
I found one here in Central Florida. It costs me about $140 more a month after all costs then indoor storage did (no mortgage). Plus I have room for other vehicles, tools and the ability to work on any of them. My shop is 19 miles from my house but its a short, beautiful drive.
If you need a mortgage its may not be worth it. But in the last year of ownership, the other units went up about 40k in value. I know there are some in Jacksonville. You may want to contact a commercial realtor in the area you are looking.
Winger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:30 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowl300 View Post
Hi Jabber Jaw,
Congrats on your RV home!
We looked at the Richmond homes last December, and even started contracting one. But being a sellers market, the prices were rising every week. By the time we got done with the home price, options, lot price, and pay off the CDD...we felt it was straining our reserves without going into retirement funds.

We are building at Sandy Pointe Preserve. However, we’ve gotten 2 price increases before even breaking ground! With that said, we are kicking ourselves for not reconsidering those RV homes! But we are still loving the home and area where we are building.

Good Luck...we’ll be almost neighbors.
Best of Luck on the new home! It is always exciting, but can be stressful as well. Sandy Pointe Preserve seems to be a beautiful community, and hopefully you will enjoy living there!

We did build our "RV" home in Deerfield Meadows, & are happy that it is a smaller community (quiet), but that the coach sits in the garage, about 30' from the door. And it is convenient to shopping, & the Historic District as well!

The NKK is quite active in Florida with 3 chapters; the Pelicans, Manatees, & Sea Turtles. They have many events/rallies, & luncheons too! We have been busy getting settled, but are doing the Pelicans "Welcome Back" Rally at Fiesta Key, Nov 1-5. Should be fun & a great way to meet other Newmar owners. Something you may want to consider.

Good luck on finding a great storage facility for your coach, and good luck on building your new home!
Old 02-21-2021, 07:33 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaRider View Post
Jabber did you buy off 16A. I ride down that road and saw the homes with RV garages

Actually, we built in Deerfield Meadows, just North of Rt. 206, and are quite happy with the home, as well as the location!

I have seen the development on 16A.

I will say that it is nice to walk into the garage & clean/work on the coach!
Old 02-21-2021, 01:13 PM   #9

Have you considered postponing until the market cools off.....its coming.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #10

N E Florida Storage places

Hi, I agree with Jabber Jaw. If you are building a home have the RV garage as part of the house. Save enormously on storage costs and your RV is always right next to you for cleaning, service, maintenance, etc.
shiftless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:59 AM   #11

Hello,
We are from Jacksonville FL and store our 2019 Newmare Newaire inside at Jax Storage Solutions off 95 and Golfair. Immediately off 95. Only 2 turns. Less than 2min of 95. Very safe and secure indoor storage. Our immediate concern before storing at this location was the area. The area isn’t the safest place however we’ve had no issues and the guy who valets your RV mentioned no incidents have occurred to any of their customers. After we toured the place we felt better. You are provided with your own code to get in and out of the facility so your inside the area safely. It’s also located next to a UPS freight facility where people are in and out all day so this also gave us a sense of security. The rates are reasonable for indoor storage, price varies based on size of your RV. They offer 20amp service for additional $20 per month and dehumidifier service at an added cost. Just google search Jax Storage Solutions and you will find it. They have 2 locations but only indoor location is on the north side of Jax. Let me know if you have any additional questions and would be happy to discuss on the phone if you would like.
GmanJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:28 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hi GmanJax,

We did see the Jax storage place off I95 when we were in FL in Nov. we were staying at the Pecan RV park in Jacksonville at the time. Actually, after looking into all other options out there, it seems the best option to keeping the MH indoors.

Out here in So. cal., we kept it in a similar warehouse type setting. They would also valet the rv’s, wash/wax upon return, start them up when stored for a time keep the batteries going. However they didn’t supply electric or humidifier control. Despite the dry heat out here, when it’s over 100, it’s hot! And there is some humidity.

Anyway, it cost $395/month. I would say Jax Solutions is a bargain!
Thx. For the heads up on safety/security.

We

Tags
ace, florida, storage