Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2021, 10:10 AM   #1

Need 2004 Newmar MADP slide motor replacement advice.

I have a bedroom slide motor that went bad and needs replaced. It appears the motor is bad and the gears are OK. From what I have read they only come as a unit together. Newmar sells it for $659 (pretty pricey). P/N 24806 - Klauber K01176-B-100. Others on the internet are cheaper and say they replace this p/n. I sent an email to Klauber, they said the replacement will work, but the recommend the exact K01176-B-10. Considering a local motor rebuilder or finding one online cheaper, I think I saw one for around $450 if it is real.

I'm a little leery of Chinese knock offs, but the Klauber guy said I could send him a link and he could tell by the picture (very nice).

This doesn't look hard to replace, but there might be something critical I'm not aware of, possibly alignment or pot adjustments on the Intellitec 00-00719-000 board. Sometimes tech's that have done this several times before is worth it.

Can anyone recommend a good mobile or service center around Sarasota FL that has experience in these older Newmar slides? My other slides could use a good inspection and maybe adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4888.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	333572  
Kevin-Siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2021, 10:35 AM   #2

Has anyone out there installed any version of one of these motors on an older Newmar?

Anyone had one installed and by who?

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Old 06-29-2021, 05:04 PM   #3

There is a place just north of the airport - I went in there to talk to them to see what they could handle and they seemed ok with most things RV. Mobile Service RV Repair. I did not use them, decided to go to the factory. See attached.

There is also a guy that lives in the building closer to the street that does mechanical work on RVs. His name is Luc - Lucky's Mechanic Shop 941.355.7695. He recharged my dash AC.

Part of the work I had done at the factory was replace the two slide motors and the 5 roller wheels that the slide rolls up and onto the floor in the coach when the slide is stored.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Mobile Service - Sarasota.png
Views:	33
Size:	424.2 KB
ID:	334098  
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:37 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestion. I used this company about 20 years ago with good results. Good reputation.
Old 07-15-2021, 12:41 PM   #5

Mini Upgate

I purchased the Klauber replacement motor off eBay after contacting the Klauber Sales rep assuring me it will work. Big savings. A Mobile Tech is scheduled to install.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:34 AM   #6

Update

Had Mobile Tech install. I won't mention the name. Nice guy, said he did it before and knew the Intellitec controller. He did know the motor connection, including the motor shaft to the axle (I did have to make a few suggestions though). The motor worked on the first try, but the locking paddle inside did not. At this point it was clear he had no experience adjusting the control and just wanted to tap the paddles with a hammer. So I said I would finnish as to not keep wasting money. I did figure out the Intellitec controller by adjusting Pot # 9 by increasing the current a little counter clockwise. Now the slide is moving in and out, plus the locking paddles working correctly. The new motor works identical to the old one and the other slides.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:54 PM   #7

Glad you got the problem resolved.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, replacement, slide, newmar, replace, ace, motor, slide motor