Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #1

Need help with 2015 DS fireplace

I don't seem to be able to get any heat from the fireplace. By pressing the Power button the "flame" comes on and looks very real, but when I press the "heater" button (the button with the 3 squeggly lines) a small red light comes on momentarily at the top center of the black panel but never any heat.
Am I not doing something right? The PDI tech explained the fireplace would put out a small amount of heat but I don't even hear a blower running. We've had this unit since June 17th and this is the first time we've had any temps below 70 degrees (31-45 at night) where we needed any extra heat.
I've tried to read the Operating Manual but it seems to have been written in Canada and is hard to understand. The Manual does say "there is 8s delay when turning on the heater", which I assume is 8 seconds.

Could there be a tripped fuse somewhere, and if so where would I look?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #2

Just found a thermostat knob behind the grate along the top of the screen. Out of 9 settings it was set on 4, so when I raised it to 7 the heater and blower came on. Now we have heat any time the heater button is pressed. Should have looked closer before hollaring for help but thought I had. Guess I overlooked that one little spot where the knob was.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:42 AM   #3

Glad you found that, as I was going to make that suggestion. We rarely use our heat, and just have come to rely on our fireplace.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, need help, replace