Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Need help with connecting toad light

We have a 2006 Newmar Kountry Star diesel pusher. We are on a trip, disconnected the toad from the coach at night. When we went to connect the lights to toad NOTHING but running lights. We have circuit tested at back pigtail coming FROM coach, and there is no power on left/right turn lights or brakes. This suggests a fuse, but, after combing thru manual we can find nothing. Can anyone help me with this?

Don
cathjasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Don.....When we bought our new 2014, (may not be the same as yours) I started finding fuses in different places. They were not as centrally located as my previous coach. On mine, I found the fuses for the turn signals in a box near the chassis batteries.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
If RV turn and brake lights still work, it suggests separate fuses for trailer hook up. Try to trace wires back from the trailer pigtail and see if it leads to a fuse box.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #4

May not be the same as yours, but my fuses for the trailer plug are in the compartment just behind the right rear wheels. There in a black box, you have to pop the lid open on the box, then you'll see the fuses.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #5

It would help to know what chassis you have.
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #6

On my KSDP there are fuses in the Bargman box in the compartment just behind the right rear wheel. The cover (when snapped off) has the fuse labeling information.

Have a nice day - Darrel
Old 06-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #7

My KS fuses are located in the bay directly behind the right rear duallly. I suspect yours are there too.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #8

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I just had the same problem with my 2006 DSDP. Fuse is in a fuse holder attached to the chassis battery. On my coach there are two fuse holders in that location. I have a Spartan chassis.
Let us know your results. (It took 7 hours of professional help and 3 calls to Spartan to isolate fuse location)
GOOD LUCK!!
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, toad