Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2016, 06:47 PM   #1

Need Honest Opinions

Hello,

I am about to purchase a 2016 VENTANA. All comments welcome and needed. How is the quality of this brand? I currently own a Winnebago Journey.

Thanks
JohnHetzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We'very had two Newmars. A '00 38' and a '02 40', both DSDP's. Quality was good, not up to our present Magna though. That would take a King Air. The '02 was the best rig we've ever owned as far as reliability goes.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #3

Advice and Knowledge wanted

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a 2016 VENTANA. I currently own a Winnebago Journey. Please tell me what you think about Newmar in general, quality, reliability, etc.

Thanks,
JohnHetzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #4

Well, here is my Honest Opinion.

I have not owned a Winnebago but I did look at a couple of newer (than my 03) Winnebago Tour coaches and came to the conclusion I would be going backwards in quality and decided to keep my old Newmar. MHO,
Old 08-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Newmar is generally considered one of the better quality units.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have loved ours from day one. Well built, drives like a dream, no major issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #7

I agree with those supporting Newmar's quality. I have owned 4. Mountain Aire, Dutch Star, Essex, and King Aire. Newmar and Spartan Chassis, a great combination with quality to match,

Peter
Old 08-06-2016, 08:00 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello,
You will like the Ventana. It's a fine coach built by a great company of good people. All manufacturers have issues at times, (just the way it is), but you'll find quality with a Newmar.

You'll probably hear from some Ventana owners here with their 1st hand experiences. Best of luck to you!

Best regards,
W.D.
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
We have a DS 4369, minor differences from The Ventana. Other than a few recalls from Freigtlner and an update from Cummins we have had a great MH. Our friends have a new Discovery. I feel sorry for them with all their problems!
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:07 PM   #10

We have a 2015 DSDP 4369, fantastic floorplan and great quality. Some recall work which takes more time than you want to get accomplished but it's addressed and resolved. We are very pleased with every aspect of the coach both Newmar and Freightliner.
All the best,

Jeff and Lynn
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:23 PM   #11

Need Honest Opinions

I haven't owned a Winnebago, but they were one of the brands that we researched. We own a 2015 Ventana and it is everything that I hoped it would be...and then some. Honest opinion !
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #12
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Honest? On an owners forum? Bet you get a different opinion on the Winnebago forum .

Here is my "opinion". We planned to buy a winnie after owning a Lazy Daze class C for 10 years. Best Class C made. Looked at Solie as it was in our price range. We even went to the factory to see how their are made. My opinion the current year pushers from Winnebago are not near the quality of their earlier models. Reason: they are moving their factory to Oregon in 2017. Folks losing their jobs don't care, those gaining the brand don't know how to build them yet. Would not buy a diesel from them for at least 2 years.

Looked at all the other brands. Newmar won out. Why? Our local dealer does nothing to the coaches before they are purchased. Yep, the kind of dealer you need to take a bath after visiting All their Newmars looked ready to go, all the other brands were in varying states of disrepair.

Took delivery at the factory. Purchased from an out of state dealer, they were the typical "car" dealer, you needed at least a sponge bath after dealing with them.

Factory delivery is the way to go. There are maybe 5 dealers that do an outstanding job. The others, take factory delivery.

Our Ventana has had more "production" issues (read stuff under Newmar's control) than most we have seen. Are we disappointed, not at all. The workmanship on Newmars are far superior to any other coach. The technology glitches we have had can be corrected and although more numerious for us are not to be unexpected.

What you will find with Newmar is they are HEAVY and the engines are just enough to power the coach down the road. I usually can go over most passes at 45mph in cruise control, faster if I manually work gears. Comfort drive is outstanding. If you don't like fighting the ever present wind out there, a Newmar (or Newell if you have $million) is the only coach to buy.

After purchase support. Most builders will get back to you, sometime. Newmar has someone who has built Newmars for years call you usually with 30 minutes, after hours, late on a weekend. If it's something Newmar builds you will get an accurate answer to you issue. If it's tech from some other vendor you won't get a made up answer. The tech get's a factory tech on line to answer you question. My very first call to Newmar for a warranty issue I asked for the number to the manufacturer of the part. Tech said " a Newmar problem is our problem " I will set you up for repair and follow it to completion. You don't get this level of support anywhere even with some multi-million dollar coaches.

So should you buy a Ventana? If the floor plan works (make sure you spend a couple of HOURS sitting in the coach), you drive it and can live with the power, and most importantly it feels like home buy it. You won't regret it.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:55 PM   #13
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Since you posted this twice under different headers. You are either anxious, in that case yes you will love a Ventana per our other post to you. Or you are trolling, in which case, bad on you.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, led