Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #1

Need New Center Hub

I lost the center decorative hub cap for a front wheel on my RV. It has a black Dicor logo on it and fits the center of 22.5 X 7.5 wheels. This cover is strictly decorative and does not cover any of the lugs. I have 8 lug nuts and 8 had holds. The inside holding clips measure approximately 8&3/8s apart and the diameter of the cap is approximately 9 inches. Cannot seem to find on-line.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	279631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back hub.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	279632  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front hub.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	279633  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #2

If you've tried the Dicor site and can't locate the part , then phone them , the web site isn't that great, as according to the site , my Dicor stainless covers don't exist.

It's possible , because you have aluminum wheels the chassis manufacturer would be the supplier ; but that wouldn't explain the Dicor logo.

www.dicorproducts.com/wheel-parts-finder/
Old 03-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #3

Could change them all to baby moons. I bought 1 at the local Freightliner place for $5. Plan on changing them all as the logo is in bad shape
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:38 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've lost a couple of those with the Newmar logo. Pricey from Newmar. Freightliner sells several different size without logos. A freight liner tech told me to add a small bead of clear silicone in a couple place to keep them on. Haven't lost any since using the silicone.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #5

Thank you

Thanks for all the input. I just bit the bullet and ordered it from Newmar. Dicor was shut down as were some others I tried to contact and I wanted to get it done. I paid through the nose but what the heck these are strange times. I'll just use my stimulus check to cover it, I will even have a bit left over. Newmar was very responsive. Sent an e-mail yesterday PM and had a response this AM. The part will ship out today. At least I got good service for my $$. You all be safe out there.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:43 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
For future reference. I have a couple RV salvage yard phone numbers in my RV just in case.They're always my first call. Usually one of them has what I am looking for at a lot less than the factory. I generally have what I need in 2-3 days. I can't tell you how many times I have given out these phone numbers to fellow campers.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #7

So what are they

Hey Rev. So please post the numbers for all of us.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #8

I lost one this winter and ended up ordering one from Spartan so it would match the other side. $60. I then spotted many in a truck supply store for $10. Not quite the quality...but they looked completely serviceable and would have been able to leave the extra cash in my wallet.

You might also check Love's or one of the other truck stops as I am almost sure I have seen them there also.
FlatsixV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:17 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidceder View Post
Hey Rev. So please post the numbers for all of us.

Thanks
My favorite is. Colaw RV Salvage, 877.548.2125
the second is Bontrager’s RV Surplus (866) 483-7017
They both also have a eBay store.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:57 AM   #10

Thanks to everyone

Good to have info.

Be safe you all. We arrived at Catalina State Park in Tucson yesterday. Park is full but I think folks are staying in their rig. It is sort of like a ghost town. Better here than in the 4 walls of the house.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:49 AM   #11

We have lost one on both our Ventana and our Mountain Aire. The Ventana was on us and after shopping around I didn't want to pay what Newmar wanted for their logo hubcap and replaced it with just a simple chrome (moon) hubcap. I doubt anyone but myself would ever even notice that they were different. Our MA was a different story as we had just had the vehicle serviced and one of the tag hubcaps came off. The shop replaced it for us at no charge with an OEM one. But again if I were to have to purchase it I would probably go back to the cheap one. I do like the idea of a couple of spots of silicon to hold it a little better.
oregonhiker is offline   Reply With Quote