Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Need Newmar Windshield replacement in Ohio - shop recommendation?

Newmar Windshield replacement in Ohio - shop recommendation?
Have our 2nd windshield crack (16" now) in 3 yrs. 2018 DS 4362
Prior replacement in Nappanee was great, but hoping to not make that trip again and avoid the long scheduling as we will be home in November, then out again in December. Thanks in advance !! (sorry for the rotated pic - top corner passenger side)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_094123.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	304398  
Contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #2

The last windshield replacement I needed (wasn't Newmar) I called Nationwide and a technician came right to my house.
https://nationwidervglass.com/?gclid...SAAEgJ0O_D_BwE
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #3

I have windshield coverage through Progressive, last year we picked up a rock and broke the windshield. Progressive set everything up, ordered the windshield from Newmar and had a local body shop do the labor. It came out as nice as new. If you have coverage, they will likely set everything up.
ddowntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #4

I used Safelite for mine. Their nationwide. I ask my insurance company to have them and they agreed and set it all in motion.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:16 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Not sure what part of Ohio you live in but I know Nationwide RV Glass has several locations in Ohio. Here's a link for their locations. https://nationwidervglass.com/service-areas%2Flocations
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:46 PM   #6
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We live in the Cleveland area and drove to Midway, our dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan. They did an excellent job. They bring a glass company in to do the work but Midway manages the whole process. We got a Newmar stamped windshield. Not all places will do that. When I questioned about the company they were using, Midway said this company does all their glass work and they don't have problems. Midway has hookups in their lot. After the windshield was installed they backed it out of the shop and we spent the night in the coach to give the glue time to set. We tried to get into Nappanee but the wait was too long for us.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:58 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointrow View Post
I used Safelite for mine. Their nationwide. I ask my insurance company to have them and they agreed and set it all in motion.

How was the experience with safelite? I have Safeco and they used safelite. Same thing... they set a big wheel in motion (Safeco -> Safelite -> Duncan Systems -> Lippert Components in Elkhart). Lippert lady said they warranty the work. If this is the same Lippert with the delaminating windows then I am even less excited. This is one of the reasons I am going to Newmar in the first place.

I am on my way to Newmar for service when I picked up the rock that cracked the windshield. I would feel better if Newmar was doing it they said they could add it to the service appt, but coach has to stay indoors overnight. So, I am having my insurance agent see if I can switch it up. But maybe this vendor in Elkart is legit. I might feel better if you tell me all went well for you. ~thanks
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:57 AM   #8

If you are going to be at Newmar, with out a doubt have them replace windshield! Too many horror stories of windows leaking or popping loose from inexperienced places. This replacement is a specialty job!
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:40 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
all looks good. no pushback from insurance. Safeco/Safelite/Duncan Systems have been super supportive and helpful. I can't recall what place they picked, because I had never heard of it. So, I am glad they letting Newmar replace it.

woah.. not a cheap window ($4500). So glad I have $0 deductible glass coverage.
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, newmar, replace, replacement, wind, windshield