Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2021, 07:19 PM   #1

Need some info please

Good Afternoon fellow Newmar Owners.

We recently picked up our new 2022 Ventana and are on our first trial run.

Can anyone kindly explain what value needs to be left "OPNE" while using the washing machine or dishwasher???

Thanks for any and all help with this issue.

GuyV
GuyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2021, 07:32 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Leave the GRAY valve open
Old 10-19-2021, 07:33 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Both your dishwasher and washing machine drain their water into your grey tank, which is the valve connected to the smaller pipe in your bay. One valve opens your black tank (toilet) which is a 3" valve connected to a 3" pipe. The valve on the other side is a 2" valve connected to your grey water tank and 2" pipes. On mine, the valve to the left of the drain hole is the grey water, as you look in the bay.

I know a lot of people only hook up their sewer drains when they're ready to dump their tanks. With a coach that has a dishwasher, washing machine and hydronic heating, which can allow for long showers, I always connect my hoses and open the grey water tank. This way there if you forget and do laundry and dishes, you don't overfill the tank.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:47 PM   #4

I leave my gray valve shut because I want that water to rinse the hose out after dumping my black tank..

The dishwasher doesn't use that much water, and on my coach, 3 loads (normal wash day for the two of us) in the washer is about 1/4 of my gray tank.

We just check the gray tank level before starting the wash. If it's above 60%, I'll go ahead and flush both tanks, or if the black is almost empty, I'll bleed a little off the gray tank.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:04 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I guess part of the decision is based on how you are using your coach. If you are moving around and only staying in places for a few days at a time I would leave the gray closed. Knowing that I will dump tanks before departure and only do one load of laundry in between.

If I was spending a month or more in one location I would probably leave it open and only close it the day before I plan to empty the black tank to store up a little extra rinse water.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote