Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #1

Need To Adjust Mounting Of Entry Door Night Shade

One of the many things about my coach I've procrastinated in resolving is the issue of my entry door night shade (MCD) striking the top of the interior handrail as it descends, requiring me to manually move it about 3/16ths inch for it to continue downward. It appears obvious that the mounting of the shade needs to be raised the necessary bit on the left side (facing) to permit the shade to avoid striking the handrail. Rather than moving the top of the handrail, which would make it obviously "out of straight", but may barely be possible, I'd prefer to attack the mounting of the shade. Anyone had this problem and resolve it by readjusting the shade mounting? Removal of the large valance would appear to be necessary to access the area? And just how much of a headache would that be...more that putting up with the problem as is? Would be grateful for any helpful thoughts. Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	034.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	275133  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh37 View Post
One of the many things about my coach I've procrastinated in resolving is the issue of my entry door night shade (MCD) striking the top of the interior handrail as it descends, requiring me to manually move it about 3/16ths inch for it to continue downward. It appears obvious that the mounting of the shade needs to be raised the necessary bit on the left side (facing) to permit the shade to avoid striking the handrail. Rather than moving the top of the handrail, which would make it obviously "out of straight", but may barely be possible, I'd prefer to attack the mounting of the shade. Anyone had this problem and resolve it by readjusting the shade mounting? Removal of the large valance would appear to be necessary to access the area? And just how much of a headache would that be...more that putting up with the problem as is? Would be grateful for any helpful thoughts. Larry

Look closely at the valance. There should be about 5-6 screws holding the piece the shade is mounted to. Look at the front (windshield) side of valance. It there room to move the shade forward without moving the complete valance forward?
I remove my complete valances and recovered them. There is about 1” of space to move my shade forward if needed.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:05 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Hugh...…..The shade just snaps into a couple of clips at the top and can slide right to left, left to right. Just push the right side of the shade to the left to get the space you need. No need to move screws.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:15 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Hugh...…..The shade just snaps into a couple of clips at the top and can slide right to left, left to right. Just push the right side of the shade to the left to get the space you need. No need to move screws.

Don is correct, no need to reinvent the wheel. I do it by hand all of the time, the use of a flat screwdriver makes it easier in the hands
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:26 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Here is a picture of a clip, just push up where I have the screwdriver placed, slide shade and push shade up until it clicks in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0668.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	275189  
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:55 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My MCD shade was installed so it hung down 6" too low covering too much of the top of the windshield. My son and I flipped it 90d and rescrewed it back up. But now it slightly interferes with the drivers side shade. So what?
Old 02-15-2020, 07:59 AM   #7

Thanks, fellows...just scratched that from my list!
I've had my MCDs out of the clips a number of times over the years...it appeared to me the clearance behind the valance was just not enough to work back there. What did it for me was a bit of light tapping forward...certainly didn't want to damage the motor. Again, many thanks...now on to the next "issue" that's been on the "list" for a long time!
Old 02-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #8

Man, what a problem, having to move the shade almost a half inch to get it to go all the way down. LOL.

Tags
door, entry door