Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #1

Never Seen this before

So we arrive at Sun Resorts San Diego bay and get in the line of rigs checking in and going through the gate. In front of me a guy unloads his tow vehicle off the trailer. No big deal you would think. Wife drives away in tow vehicle. He unhitched the trailer and drives away to park the rig. Leaving the tow trailer smack dab in the middle of the line. Thus the check in line comes to a complete stand still. Poor kids checking people in were speechless. Wow!!!
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2021, 11:01 AM   #2

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

Folks do NOT think about others...see it all the time at service stations, Dump stations, parking lots etc
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:55 AM   #3

We were checking in to Astoria Oregon last week. Two lanes for checkin. Couple in right lane leave toad door open and stand in left lane discussing next steps. I pulled up as far as I could. I did not want to blow the horn, as it is an air horn just a few feet from them. We finally had to ask them to move out of the way. Clueless.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #4

From walking down sidewalks with their heads so buried in a cell phone to just being oblivious of their surroundings or anyone else on the planet....that's just the way it is nowadays.

One of the issues was that the resort just had "the poor kids" checking people in instead of an adult with some authority that should have stopped the guy and told him to back up and take his trailer with as he couldn't just leave it blocking the line.

Or...there is another possibility...perhaps he knew he could not take a trailer in and have it in his spot along with the motorhome and another vehicle, so had called ahead and gotten direction to just drop it as he checked in and the resort would do something with it. Still shouldn't have left it there with a line waiting to get in, but maybe it's not 100% his fault.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #5

Oh, He now has it on his site with the vehicle, trailer, rig.
2019 New Aire 33452021 London Aire 4579 2023 Newell #1746
Toad: 21 Ford Bronco - Blue OX and Airforce One
AZRVR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:05 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Some people are clueless.

We stopped at a rest area to dump our tanks and had a fellow in front of us just setting up to dump. He got his hose out and pulled a dump valve and disappeared inside. After about 10 minutes he had not reappeared. I tooted my horn and nothing. I finally went up and to the door on the little motorhome and knocked. After a bit, be came to the door with a sandwich in one hand. I told him, others were waiting to dump and said he would finish as soon as he finished his lunch. I briefly explained that he was being rather inconsiderate of other and to finish dumping or I was going I was going to see how well my F350 dually could do pushing his junk out of the way. By then another fellow had joined me and and was fussing as well. He decided to move on pretty quick and offer no excuses for his stupidity.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:44 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Said it before, I like dogs more the some people .
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM   #8

WAIT-- he is ENTITLED!
Old 08-02-2021, 05:05 PM   #9

Hmmm….stoopid is as stoopid does. Go figure.
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:28 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
For what’s it worth, I was hungry and didn’t even stop to wash my hands before making the sandwich.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:35 PM   #11
tcg

Is it possible there was a miscommunication with the wife? Unload vehicle, disconnect trailer, connect trailer to vehicle, wait, where'd she go.... dang it she left her phone in the RV, I guess I'll go get her.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:58 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRVR17 View Post
So we arrive at Sun Resorts San Diego bay and get in the line of rigs checking in and going through the gate. In front of me a guy unloads his tow vehicle off the trailer. No big deal you would think. Wife drives away in tow vehicle. He unhitched the trailer and drives away to park the rig. Leaving the tow trailer smack dab in the middle of the line. Thus the check in line comes to a complete stand still. Poor kids checking people in were speechless. Wow!!!
Maybe he didn't need his trailer any more and was hoping someone would take it off his hands.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
We were checking in to Astoria Oregon last week. Two lanes for checkin. Couple in right lane leave toad door open and stand in left lane discussing next steps. I pulled up as far as I could. I did not want to blow the horn, as it is an air horn just a few feet from them. We finally had to ask them to move out of the way. Clueless.

Actually, I feel that was air horn worthy! At least a 2 second blast.....

They're probably going to burn plastic trash in their fire pit, too. Just sayin' -Paul
Old 08-03-2021, 08:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRVR17 View Post

How was this situation eventually resolved? Did the people at the checkout eventually drag it to the side, or what? -Paul