Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2022, 04:51 AM   #1

New Aire 2022 Bridge Solenoid Problems

I have a 2018 NA 3343…..I am about to pickup my new 3543 NA in October.
The issue with the White Rodger original charge bridge in my current DP for those of us that bought the early NAs was ridiculous and frustrating until the culprit was found.
In a conversation with Silverleaf yesterday it was mentioned that this same WHITE RODGERS charge bridge was still being used…with similar issues 😳
Has anyone with a 2022 New Aire experienced this issue?
It does cause a great deal of problems if this charge bridge acts up.
Thanks for any info .
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2022, 12:05 PM   #2

2021 NA 3543. My solenoid went out. It is the new “good one” . I was going to replace it but I’m to stiff to wrangle it. I will find someone to do it. “Good one” was the term the guy at Silverleaf used when I described mine. It is not a White Roger.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:53 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
I have a 2018 NA 3343…..I am about to pickup my new 3543 NA in October.
The issue with the White Rodger original charge bridge in my current DP for those of us that bought the early NAs was ridiculous and frustrating until the culprit was found.
In a conversation with Silverleaf yesterday it was mentioned that this same WHITE RODGERS charge bridge was still being used…with similar issues 😳
Has anyone with a 2022 New Aire experienced this issue?
It does cause a great deal of problems if this charge bridge acts up.
Thanks for any info .
I was subjected to that bridge issue in my 2018, as it turned out the issue I had may not have been all the bridge. I replaced the bridge with the new one and Newmar was well aware of it and I was told by Newmar that they change in 2020 or early 2021 models. It was not just a problem for the New Aire but for others with Silver leaf.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:40 PM   #4

I was told by Newmar today that they no longer use the offending White Rodgers solenoid in the current New Aire.
The info I received from Silverleaf was the opposite..
Oh well…when I take delivery I’ll crawl in there and look 👀
Thanks to all that responded.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:08 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I was told by Newmar today that they no longer use the offending White Rodgers solenoid in the current New Aire.
You need to have whoever who bought it from or Newmar if factory pickup verify for you, on my 2018 getting to the solenoid was a real pain. Also I think Newmar can look at your build sheet and identify which one was used, at least they could on mine. Good luck and enjoy
Old 09-12-2022, 11:52 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We received the exact same conflicting information from Newmar/Silverleaf a year ago after we took our 3545 into Napanee for the 1 year warranty punchlist.

At the time of service I requested they change the solenoid for the new one. Newmar had the part ready to install and the tech said he confirmed we already had the new part with the blocking diodes.

Upon return from the trip, our TM-555 Telematics Gateway failed to connect to My Rozie. After some troubleshooting - and photographing the solenoid in our coach for Silverleaf, they decided that we had the old solenoid and it was damaging the Silverleaf electronics.

Newmar disagreed with Silverleaf. Newmar sent a replacement TM-555 after Silverleaf decided that our unit was out of warranty due to having the wrong solenoid.

By the time we got the coach into service a month later the TM-555 was working fine. It was not changed and has worked fine for the last year. I suspect My Rozie was down for a few days at the time we tested the gateway.

There is clearly some bad blood between Silverleaf and Newmar over the solenoid. I suspect that Silverleaf replaced a lot of computer systems before Newmar solved the problem and now just blames all Silverlear issues on Newmar.

Regardless, we've had no further Silverleaf issues to date.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
We received the exact same conflicting information from Newmar/Silverleaf a year ago after we took our 3545 into Napanee for the 1 year warranty punchlist.

At the time of service I requested they change the solenoid for the new one. Newmar had the part ready to install and the tech said he confirmed we already had the new part with the blocking diodes.

Upon return from the trip, our TM-555 Telematics Gateway failed to connect to My Rozie. After some troubleshooting - and photographing the solenoid in our coach for Silverleaf, they decided that we had the old solenoid and it was damaging the Silverleaf electronics.

Newmar disagreed with Silverleaf. Newmar sent a replacement TM-555 after Silverleaf decided that our unit was out of warranty due to having the wrong solenoid.

By the time we got the coach into service a month later the TM-555 was working fine. It was not changed and has worked fine for the last year. I suspect My Rozie was down for a few days at the time we tested the gateway.

There is clearly some bad blood between Silverleaf and Newmar over the solenoid. I suspect that Silverleaf replaced a lot of computer systems before Newmar solved the problem and now just blames all Silverlear issues on Newmar.

Regardless, we've had no further Silverleaf issues to date.
I appreciate your response and insights. My history with my 2018 3343 makes me a bit paranoid of a faulty solenoid.
Originally no one knew what was happening when my water pump would go on randomly. Rozie was very intermittent. We were the pioneers it seemed of the early gremlins that could be attributed to the original White Rodgers solenoid and no one had any idea what was happening.
Silverleaf was more helpful by far then Newmar back then.
2 TM-555s …a new 250 module over a period of time and finally a correct solenoid ( 20 months later) and all was good. One more 555 after that, just because Silverleaf didn’t have a handle on the constantly problematic Rozie and all seems well on the 3343 now.
With our 2022 NA 3543 waiting for us in FL to pick up I am just trying to avoid the same rabbit hole.😡
I appreciate all responses..thank you.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:55 PM   #8

Hi folks, Art here @ Silverleaf Electronics.

We at Silverleaf are generally pretty data-driven. We measure, design and build the hardware, write and publish the software, track with excruciating detail small process changes. We do this before you ever see one of our devices. We're small--a couple dozen folks. And, sometimes we must spend great amounts of energy documenting others' work and efforts.

We don't have to coordinate hundreds of workers in Production--and somehow keep coordinated with Parts and Service. How Newmar does this as well as they do is not clear to me....but generally they do a pretty good job. In the sandbox we all play in we get along by rolling with /what is/. Words matter--as do beliefs but, at the end of the day, we state what we've seen and therefore measured.

We see the Trombetta being used in 2014~2022 coaches. White Rodgers now seem to be gone, used in some coaches from ~2004 through 2021. And most solenoids now are the Ametek and Blue Sea. I haven't found the build-sheet a reliable reference; it's a snapshot in time but can't tell you what happened even one-minute later.

Here's our secret question: "Does it have a /Date/ or is it a /Blue Sea/?"

Meaning, if it's an Ametek it will have this date. No date yet it's 3" tall: its not protected.

2" tall and it's a BlueSea--which is.

My advice: ID your solenoid from the line-up. If your Frowny-face solenoid is >5yrs old, throw a diode kit at it. Over-5 and replace it with a Smiley-face solenoid.

We have these kits; I designed it to be the absolute simplest with the fewest parts yet also the easiest solution. It's a couple minutes to install. Easy Peasy.

cheers
Art
//
honico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:42 AM   #9

Art,

Great info……thanks for the posting. Have a 2020 New Aire but have NOT had any anomalies with the Silverleaf! But if I do will know where to look first

Quinton
wqmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 05:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by honico View Post
Hi folks, Art here @ Silverleaf Electronics.

We at Silverleaf are generally pretty data-driven. We measure, design and build the hardware, write and publish the software, track with excruciating detail small process changes. We do this before you ever see one of our devices. We're small--a couple dozen folks. And, sometimes we must spend great amounts of energy documenting others' work and efforts.

We don't have to coordinate hundreds of workers in Production--and somehow keep coordinated with Parts and Service. How Newmar does this as well as they do is not clear to me....but generally they do a pretty good job. In the sandbox we all play in we get along by rolling with /what is/. Words matter--as do beliefs but, at the end of the day, we state what we've seen and therefore measured.

We see the Trombetta being used in 2014~2022 coaches. White Rodgers now seem to be gone, used in some coaches from ~2004 through 2021. And most solenoids now are the Ametek and Blue Sea. I haven't found the build-sheet a reliable reference; it's a snapshot in time but can't tell you what happened even one-minute later.

Here's our secret question: "Does it have a /Date/ or is it a /Blue Sea/?"

Meaning, if it's an Ametek it will have this date. No date yet it's 3" tall: its not protected.

2" tall and it's a BlueSea--which is.

My advice: ID your solenoid from the line-up. If your Frowny-face solenoid is >5yrs old, throw a diode kit at it. Over-5 and replace it with a Smiley-face solenoid.

We have these kits; I designed it to be the absolute simplest with the fewest parts yet also the easiest solution. It's a couple minutes to install. Easy Peasy.

cheers
Art
//
Hello Art,
I have to say you have always been there for any problem associated with Silverleaf on my 3343.
There has been some bumpy issues but overall I don't know what I would have done with out you and the rest of your team.
As I always say when I end a call with you "No offense but I hope I don't have to talk with you again".
Thanks for taking the time to check in...
Regards
Old 09-23-2022, 02:51 PM   #11

Art, thanks for posting, interesting read. I have a 2022 London Aire and after reading took a look to see which solenoid I have. It’s the Tombetta!

To avoid issues should I just switch this out with one of the good ones?
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:43 AM   #12

Hi John,
Even the Trombetta lasts quite a while--its weakness is the lack of a diode. I'd put a diode on the coil; it's the least invasive and easiest.
cheers
Art
//
honico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by honico View Post
Hi John,
Even the Trombetta lasts quite a while--its weakness is the lack of a diode. I'd put a diode on the coil; it's the least invasive and easiest.
cheers
Art
//

Thanks Art, I will give you a call this week and order a diode kit.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:56 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I am coming to the party a little late, what does the diode kit or a new bridge solenoid fix or prevent? I have a 15 London Aire with a white rogers solenoid and trying to figure out whether to replace or add the diode.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, ems, problem, problems, solenoid