Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2019, 06:54 AM   #1

New Aire front A/C zone stuck

My front zone is showing 70 always. Reset everything multiple times. From what I can determine it is likely the temp sensor or the A/C control board. Any ideas? A/C will come on if I set bellow 70 but will never change sensor reading.
Newaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #2

For lack of a better idea, you could take apart the cover over the thermocouple and make sure the wires haven't come apart. But I would call newmar first.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newaire1 View Post
My front zone is showing 70 always. Reset everything multiple times. From what I can determine it is likely the temp sensor or the A/C control board. Any ideas? A/C will come on if I set bellow 70 but will never change sensor reading.
There is really no zoning in the NAs.
Unless they changed something in the newer ones ( mine is a 2018) the 3 zones are not functional for any difference in spite of the separation on the Silverleaf panel.
I use automatic temp set and it regulates all zones.
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:15 AM   #4

New Aire front A/C zone stuck

Quote:
Try pulling the fuse for the TM-510 to hard reset that unit if you’ve already reset the SilverLeaf panel. If that doesn’t work the TM-510 that controls the heating/cooling is located behind the center overhead switch panel. Reseat the cables.

Another option would be to swap temperature sensors between front (above couch armrest behind driver’s seat) with the sensor in the bedroom (rear driver’s side near the closet door).

If that is no help then may be the Dometic unit.
BPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
There is really no zoning in the NAs.

Unless they changed something in the newer ones ( mine is a 2018) the 3 zones are not functional for any difference in spite of the separation on the Silverleaf panel.

I use automatic temp set and it regulates all zones.

??
There are 2 AC zones and 3 heat zones, individually controlled and reporting separate temps on my 2018.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
??
There are 2 AC zones and 3 heat zones, individually controlled and reporting separate temps on my 2018.
I'm with Timekeeper on my 3341. I have one zone, which is all I need. One zone says AIR and below it is one that shows the heat and I believe it simply says Heat.

There may be some complex way to separate them but why do that? They both work well.

R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
I'm with Timekeeper on my 3341. I have one zone, which is all I need. One zone says AIR and below it is one that shows the heat and I believe it simply says Heat.

There may be some complex way to separate them but why do that? They both work well.

R. D. Vanderslice

2018 New Aire 3341

I often like to set the bedroom cold for sleeping, for example. It’s easy. In the first picture below, “all” is selected which changes the temp for all zones. To change a temp for a particular zone just select the zone LvRm or Bed and set the temp. That also is how you see the current temp of the zone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7520.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	252473

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7521.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	252474
Old 07-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #8

Quote:
I often like to set the bedroom cold for sleeping, for example. It’s easy. In the first picture below, “all” is selected which changes the temp for all zones. To change a temp for a particular zone just select the zone LvRm or Bed and set the temp. That also is how you see the current temp of the zone.

Attachment 252473

Attachment 252474
My point Cinergi is you can set it any way you like .....there is not any separate flaps or moving ducts in the overhead system to separate the zones .
All your doing is giving the temperature gauge a parameter for the whole system.
It looks like your doing something on the Silverleaf panel but with out the related hardware it’s just fantasy
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:02 PM   #9

Quote:
My point Cinergi is you can set it any way you like .....there is not any separate flaps or moving ducts in the overhead system to separate the zones .
All your doing is giving the temperature gauge a parameter for the whole system.
It looks like your doing something on the Silverleaf panel but with out the related hardware it’s just fantasy
I disagree...by setting different temperatures on the Silverleaf control panel, you can effectively control whether the front unit or back unit is activated. We do it sometimes during dinner to have just the rear unit turned on. Yes, there is a common duct and therefore even with just the rear unit running, we get some air flow through the front vents.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
All the units I've seen with multiple A/C units are ducted to each other with the bulk of each units air flow in the room where it's located. Using thermostats in the various areas tells those units to increase A/C, consequently creating cooling zones and rooms that are colder than the others.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #11

Quote:

Mmm I find that even with the shared duct it still behaves like separate zones well enough. Just my experience...
Old 07-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Mmm I find that even with the shared duct it still behaves like separate zones well enough. Just my experience...
I agree...
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:12 PM   #13

Well I fixed it! Newmar put a splice in the thermostat sensor wire that runs from the front zone sensor into the basement then up to the A/C control panel on the roof. The splice is located above the removable basement ceiling panel in front of the plexiglass enclosed fuse panel.
Just for future info. If the Dometic rooftop a/c is not getting a input from the remote sensor, it defaults to reporting 70 degrees and stays there. Poor splice quality and it broke apart so no signal could reach the A/C. Per Dometic the splice must be soldered to not effect resistance readings. I’ll let Newmar know they have been using standard wire nuts on these splices. My temps match for the first time between front and rear zone. It’s better then it’s ever been!
Newaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Well I fixed it! Newmar put a splice in the thermostat sensor wire that runs from the front zone sensor into the basement then up to the A/C control panel on the roof. The splice is located above the removable basement ceiling panel in front of the plexiglass enclosed fuse panel.
Just for future info. If the Dometic rooftop a/c is not getting a input from the remote sensor, it defaults to reporting 70 degrees and stays there. Poor splice quality and it broke apart so no signal could reach the A/C. Per Dometic the splice must be soldered to not effect resistance readings. I’ll let Newmar know they have been using standard wire nuts on these splices. My temps match for the first time between front and rear zone. It’s better then it’s ever been!
The Dometic CCC2 has a diagnostic mode for testing the sensors (open or shorted) .... wonder if Silverleaf has similar "user" diagnostics?

Tags
air