Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 08:03 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
New Aire no power bedside 110 outlets

The power outlets on either side of the bed are not working. They were working last week and the motorhome has not moved in the last three weeks. The remote for the air bed has also lost connection to the air bed.

All circuit breakers are on and I can't find a GFCI that is tripped inside the motorhome.

Has anyone had a similar problem or has any ideas on to fix?
John.Ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #2

check your inverter circuits. GFI on the inverter.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:45 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I have found outlets in the storage bays that are tagged as GFCI Protected but I haven't located an outlet in a bay that is the GFCI outlet.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Ferrari View Post
I have found outlets in the storage bays that are tagged as GFCI Protected but I haven't located an outlet in a bay that is the GFCI outlet.
There is a GFCI outlet in the closet...
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #5

Happened to me

i had the same thing happen but it also included all components in the audio box above driver and the driver side back to the kichen and the bedroom too. Culprit. A loose wire in the junction box hidden in the full wall slide. Took two service centers to figure it out.
2017 Prevost Marathon #1250
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk w/AF1 and Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow System
Orinda, CA
sheridany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:44 PM   #6

In my Berkshire, I had breakers under the bed that I didn’t know about
AzGrays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I'm so desperate that I read the Newgle documentation. It said, "The electrical outlets located in the Slideouts are wired through the kitchen GFCI". Well my bedroom outlets are not wired through the kitchen. I tripped the kitchen GFCI several times and the bedside outlets still do not come on, so. Newgle goes on to say," Units with the holding tank heat pad option will have an additional GFCI located in the basement area; however, the exact location varies". I believe I have the holding tank heat pad installed on my unit.

Here in is the problem. I can't find a GFCI outlet in the basement. I found the extra GFCI outlet in the closet but the bedside outlets are not wired through it.

Has anyone owning a New Aire found a GFCI outlet in the basement?
Old 07-11-2018, 04:54 AM   #8

Quote:
... Newgle goes on to say," Units with the holding tank heat pad option will have an additional GFCI located in the basement area; however, the exact location varies". I believe I have the holding tank heat pad installed on my unit.
Is there a New Aire holding tank heater option? I have never seen it described anywhere.
SteveUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Consider calling Newmar Customer Support.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Consider calling Newmar Customer Support.
Or, you could refer to the Newmar maintenance manual and lookup the location of these components on the schematics in the electrical system.

Sorry lost my mind. Of course there is no maintenance manual so we are forced to waste our time on Easter egg hunts when things don't work.

My first call to Newmar "Customer Support" before delivery was to ask for electrical system documentation. They absolutely refused to send me any documentation about how the wires are hooked together in the coach. After several phone calls they finally did sent me diagrams indicating the location of various terminating devices: fuses boxes, switches, plugs ect.

Here is a schematic diagram indicating terminating devices used in the 120 volt electrical system. Diagram is hard to interpret. It indicates there are 7 GFI devices but some could be shown in duplicate because of the various views depicted.

turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #11

Any luck on finding the culprit?
timekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Check inside medicine cablets, Newmar like to hide them there
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
I called Customer Support and got a call back a few days ago. We went through the wiring diagram that Customer Support had but I couldn't find a GFCI that was tripped. According to the wiring diagram there should be a GFCI in the second bay on the passenger side of the 3343. I could not find one there (or any other bay under the motorhome).

The tech concluded that there must be a wire loose and suggested that I take the motorhome to my nearest Newmare dealership. He even looked up a dealership for me to take the motorhome. If I can't find a tripped GFCI I'll take the motor to a deanship when I have the time.

Now, it might sound like I'm complaining but really this is the best motorhome I have owned and this is the 8th one I've owned in the past 12 years. We have been living in the motorhome since the 8th of June when we sold our home in FL and are waiting for a new one to be completed in VA (soon I hope). If this is the only problem I have then I have nothing to complain about. By this time with my last motorhome I had two pages of issues that needed to be fixed.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:54 AM   #14

Quote:
It can be anywhere. doesn't need to be in the bay. Pull the outlets in question and look for loose connections. they are daisy changed.

Tags
air, power